Chapter 6- Studio A

Abby and I started going through the old choreography, using the youtube video as help when we got stuck. We changed turn combos to be harder, made me hold my tilt longer, and even added in new leaps. My favorite part of the solo is now at the end, I have this really fun pose. I slide up on the ground towords the judges like a penguin, spin up so I'm sitting on my butt, spin in a circle, and then hold out my hand and curl my fingers like I'm pulling the audience in. To say that this solo was only a year ago, It was quite easy.

I couldn't believe how much fun this was, I was smiling the whole rehearsal. The cameras were loving it, because I looked so natually happy. Finally, Abby told me to run it for the last time. I had to give it my all, It was only Monday, but I wouldn't have another solo rehearsal until Friday before we left.

Abby started the music and I danced as best I could. I made sure I was sharp and that I counted correctly. I made facials that I don't think I had ever made before. Finally, I ended with my pose, with my lips puckered. I winked, rolled, stood up, and practiced my exit by jazz walking to the end of the room.

I turned to look at Abby, and she was clapping. She walked over to me and gave me a hug. "You should be proud of yourself kiddo" Abby said, using her pet name for her students. I looked up to the Mom's Den, expecting to see my  mom smiling back at me. I couldn't wait to see what she thought of my performance. But when I looked up, I saw a different face. It was still a proud face, that belonged to a clapping body. But it wasn't my mom. I had totally forgotten that Franke was watching me. He started to come downstairs, and Abby told me to wait until he got here. I got some water from my water bottle and he entered the room.

"Wow, that was great Kendall! I saw your old solo, but this version? It's fantastic! I cannot believe how much you have improved! You are total broadway dancer material!" 

What?

Did he just...

Did THE Franke Degano just...

Broadway Material!?

I was smiling so big my cheeks were hurting. Abby looked at me. "Why don't you go find your mom?" I started walking ou of the room when I heard Franke behind me. "Why don't I tag along? I think I have a few mothers I want to talk to."

Oh. My. God.

Franke Degano wants to talk to my mother.

I tried my best to stay calm as I said okay and starting walking towords the store. My mom always had a shift behind the register in the store at this time on Mondays. After what seemed like forever, we reached the store and Mom and Franke introduced themselves. Franke paused and looked around before starting. "Does Abby have any conference rooms?" He asked my mom. My mom looked at me for an answer. "No, but there's usually a studio or two open." I said. "Okay, let's find an open studio to talk in. Jill, could you do me a favor and call all of the moms in?"

All the moms?