Chapter 15- The Audition

"Thank you so much, it was a pleasure meeting you!" I said as confidently as I could.

I walked out of the audition room with my head held high. I closed the door and looked to Maddie. "They want you to go in now." I told her. 

I went over to my mom and sat down, wiping my sweaty palms on the seat. She stared at me, waiting for me to give a report of how my audition went without pestering me. I looked over to her.

"I don't think I could've been any less nervous." I paused. She waited for mer to start again. "I did really good on my acting and my singing was pretty good. The dance combo they had me do was so easy I could've done it in my sleep." I made sure not to speak too loudly, so that other girls and their mother's couldn't hear me.

"Well, that's great!" My mom said quietly back to me. "Did they say when they would call by?"

"They wanted to start rehearsals as early as possible, so they want to be done calling people by tonight if they can."

We sat in silence as Maddie auditioned. She came out, and Mackenzie went in. Maddie whispered with her mother just like I did. Mackenzie came out, and we all stood up to leave. We probably had time to hit up the American Girl Store before dinner.

------------------------------------------

After shopping at the American Girl Store for three hours, each of us had a new doll. We had decided to each get a doll that looked like us. We went to the top floor to have dinner, and we got cute little doll highchairs to sit our dolls in. They even gave us fake food for the dolls. Dinner was great, and we didn't even talk about the auditions that much, which didn't bother me. I hate talking about my auditions, because I always end up doubting myself. We mainly talked about how we were going to see the show tonight. Matilda, that is. It was going to be Millie Shapiro performing tonight. When I looked up the Matilda's online, I thought Millie was the best. I couldn't wait to see her.

Franke had told us that instead of Sophia and Oona leaving, it was now Sophia and Bailey. The two Matilda's that were remaining were Oona and Millie. I was really excited, because Oona and Millie were my favorites. If I got the part, I would get to meet them, and rehearse with them, and it would really just be a dream.

We left dinner for the theatre, and sat with our dolls on our laps. We left the theatre for intermission, came back, and watched the rest of the show.

The songs, dancing, and everything were all spectacular. I couldn't believe how amazing the set was. We went to the cast door after the show, and got to meet Millie. We even told her that we auditioned for the show. She took pictures with us, then followed us on instagram. Apparently, she was a fan of dance moms. I couldn't believe she even knew who I was. The cameras had been filming us all day, which I hadn't noticed bcause I'm kind of used to them being there, but Millie thought they were really cool.

We returned to the hotel, got ready for bed, and went to sleep, so that we could go shopping the next day.

But I didn't sleep all night, because I couldn't wait one more second for that dreaded phone call.