Chapter 16- The Hotel

I woke up the next morning, unsure of what was going to happen that day. The hours were just going to pass slower and slower, and I knew it. Maddie and Kenzie did too. First, we went out to breakfast and did some shopping at stores like American Eagle, Forever 21, and some candy stores in Times Square. We went out to lunch right before our next event, going to see the matinee show of Annie. While out to lunch, Mom's phone rang. We both made eye contact for a few seconds, then she panicked to find her phone in her purse. She looked at the screen and her expression changed.

"It's just Toni Hamel."

Toni was the lead designer for Purple Pixies Dancewear, and she and my mom had exchanged numbers last time I had modeled for them. Mom talked with Toni on the phone as I slowly ate my spaghetti, twirling it around my fork and playing with my food. Finally, she stopped talking and put her phone away.

"That was Toni. She wants you three to come in for a photoshoot soon if you're available, like this week while we are still in New York."

My mood brightened up. "When can we go?"

My mom smiled; she must've noticed my happy face. "I told her we could go either today after the matinee, or tomorrow. She said tomorrow would be better."

I smiled and hugged my mom. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

Melissa, Maddie, and Kenzie stared at us, before Melissa spoke up. 

"She wants all three of them?"

My mom looked confused. "Well, she saw Kendall was in New York, so she called and asked for her. Then I told her that you guys were here with us, and she said you guys could come do some photos too."

Maddie looked satisfied, but not quite happy.

Kenzie looked as happy as ever, and so did Melissa.

We finished lunch, then grabbed a cab to the matinee. I hoped our Annie would be Lilla Crawfors, even though I knew she had given up the role. We would either have Sadie or Taylor, and I didn't care who, because I thought they were equally talented. In the cab, to start a conversation, I asked Maddie which girl she would rather see.

"I don't know, the good one." She said back, as if I were dumb.

"I was just wondering if you knew about them..." I said, trailing off and looking down at my phone. I scrolled through instagram until I saw Cali Kisses' post. Sophia was doing some more modeling and designing for them. I couldn't wait until tomorrow. I commented on the post, "Looks like you're having fun Sophia! :) Modeling is so exciting! *kiss face emoji*"

I looked over to Maddie and saw she was reading over my shoulder, but she didn't know I saw her. I looked back at my phone, and naturally curled up so my back was in the corner of the backseat, so she couldn't see. I shot a text to Sophia, "Hey! Saw your modeling, it looks great! I have to do some modeling tomorrow, any tips?" I really hoped Sophia would give me some tips, just so I had them. We arrived at the theatre, so I put my phone in my purse and we got out of the car. I couldn't wait to see Annie!