Chapter 22- The Photo Shoot

I found myself later, eating a birthday cake cupcake from the Georgetown Cupcake Cafe down the street from our hotel. We had all decided not to tell any fans about our parts in the show, until we posted it all at the same time tomorrow.

We left the cafe, and walked to the studio that Toni used for photo shoots. When we walked in, she greeted us warmly. 

"Hey ladies! I've heard about all of your success girls, congratulations!" She said, hugging us all. Maddie didn't say anything to protest, but she wasn't smiling like Kenzie and I had been for the past two hours. She brought us over to a table in the middle of the studio. I didn't see a camera or sheet set up anywhere, so I was confused. We all sat at the table, next to a girl. She introduced herself to us.

"Hey! I'm Sophia, but you guys can call me Fifi. I'm Toni's daughter, and I'm a huge fan of your show! I can't wait until you're all in Matilda so I can see you guys!" She hugged us, and even told us her instagram fanpage and personal so we could follow. Maddie didn't look happy the entire time, and didn't say a word to Fifi that she didn't get a role. 

"Anyways, I have a special prize in store for you Kendall! You know how Sophia Lucia sponsers California Kisses?" Toni asked me. I nodded my head. "I want you to be the official sponser of Purple Pixies! You would get to design dance wear and clothes, help Fifi model them, and even get clothes for free!" She smiled and looked at my mom. 

"That would be fantastic!" My mom replied. Maddie and Kenzie sat helplessly. 

"You girls can help Kendall design, if she wants your help. Otherwise, you can come help me by signing more of your Ziegler Dance Team bags!" Toni said, pulling out a box full of the bags. Without waiting for an answer from me, the girls started signing bags. I really wanted Kenzie to help me, but whatever floated their boats. 

Toni brought over a book of fabric scraps, styles of clothes, and paper and pencils for me to draw with. She told me not to feel pressured or worried, and that Fifi usually designed clothes, so she would help me. I decided that for me first line, I wanted to pick out fabrics for all of the clothes to have in common. I settled on five base colors, then started to draw some sketches. I didn't really know how to draw them, so Fifi helped me out by showing me how. She was really nice, and we ended up exchanging phone numbers. I knew I wanted to have every type of dance wear you could, because some girls aren't allowed to walk around in booty shorts and a crop top all day. I decided my line would consist of two bra tops, two booty shorts, harem pants, two leggings, a swing tank, a tight fit tank, a leotard, sweatpants, a sweatshirt, and three hair accessories. I wrote down the list, and showed it to Toni, and she agreed. 

I felt bad for leaving Maddie and Kenzie out, so I asked them what they thought of my color choices. Kenzie nodded and told me she really liked the teal. Maddie just glanced over and said "cute".

I felt bad, so I went and hung out with Fifi for the rest of the time. She made me feel happy, and helped me design some of my stuff. I was really excited to help Toni out with the rest of my line.

Author's Note: The photo in the side bar shows all of the cute patterns and textures and such that Kendall decides to use!