I'm In Love With You.

super long chapter but this is the second to last chapter. next chapter will be up in 24 hours. enjoy c:

I didn't know how long I was standing there for, but my guess is a while. 

Mike was standing infront of me, snapping his fingers. "Vic." Snap. "Vic." Snap. "Vic." Shake, snap. "Vic!" Snap, push. "What the fuck, Mike?!" He sighed. "You've been staring into space for the last fifteen minutes." I looked around, we were the only ones here. "Mike," I whispered. He looked at me and sighed again. "Did you hear what the lady said?" He shook his head. "She said it'd be a miracle if Lucy lived. What would I do without her? What would the kids do without her? Wha-how would I even tell them? 'Oh, sorry guys, Mommy died trying to save us'? Mike, he-he called me 'dad' today. He's growing up so fast and it won't be soon until he brings home a girl. I-I'm not going to know what to do." By this point, I was crying.

It was silent until Mike said something. "You're turning into a girl, stop crying!" I sniffled and cleared my throat. "You'll understand why you find someone that you love." He nodded slowly. "Anyways, while I was trying to get you to come back to earth, Lucy was taken to the hospital, everyone went with her. You wanna go see her?" I thought about it. I shook my head. "I can't. Can we go to Mom's house? I wanna see Mike and Izzy." My brother nodded and walked off to the car. "Buckle up." He commanded.

"Touchy." I mumbled and put my seatbelt on. "I'm going to drop you off and then go get Jenna. She has a big collage test that she can't miss, then come back. Is that alright?" I nodded, "Sure." The whole car ride was long, quiet and awkward. I ignored Mike's ranting about how his girlfriend cheated on him, how he fucked her best friend and now they're back together and stared out the window. Throwing around a couple, 'yeah' and 'oh really?' in so he thought I was paying attention. 

We came to a halt, "Get out." I looked at him in confusion. "I know you're not paying attention to me and plus, we're at Mom's. Go." He laughed. I nodded and ran out the car, up to the door.

Knock, knock. No answer. I rang the doorbell. No answer. I turned around to see Mike still there. He shrugged. I knocked again. Still no answer. I huffed and grew angry. I walked back to the car, stopping as Mike scrolled the window down. "Where is she?!" He shrugged again. "Key under the doormat?" I nodded and walked back over to the door, stopping when I got to the mat. I lifted it up and surely enough, it was there. I turned back and grinned, mouthing a 'thanks', he did the same, but saying welcome. 

I unlocked the door as he drove away. "Mom?" I yelled. "It's-it's me! Vic?" Nothing. "Mom?! Izzy? Mike!" Running up the steps, I heard a splash. "Mom?" I asked as I ran to the bathroom. I sighed in relief. "Mom," she looked at me. "Sorry, honey. I heard the doorbell, but I didn't wanna leave the kids alone in the bath." I smiled. "Hey guys," kneeling down next to the tub. "Daddy!" Izzy laughed and tried to come over, but Mike wouldn't let her. "Daddy!" He tried to run, but slipped in the process. "Be careful, Michael!" My mom spat. "C'mon, time to get out, anyways." She grabbed the towels from behind them, handing one to me. 

"This is my favorite part," Isabella giggled. I laughed. "Mine too." She jumped in my arms, and managed to miss the towel. "How do you always miss the towel when I'm holding it right above my chest?" I laugh. "You put it in the wrong spot?" She grinned. "Put the towel on, it's cold." My mom hit my arm, carful not to drop Mike. "Take him and dry them up, put the spare clothes on, then bring them downstairs." I raised my eyebrows. "Not allowed upstairs?" She looked at me, and laughed. "Not after what they did in my room." She walked out and I laughed. "Guys, you know that you can't make a mess at Grandma's." They looked sad. "I'm sorry." God, why couldn't I stay mad at them?

"Daddy," I looked at them as I put them on the bed, still wrapped in their towels. "Here." I handed them their clothes and pulled out my phone. Isabella got done first, and she came up to me. "Daddy?" I looked at her. "Yeah?" She smiled. "Can you comb my hair then dry it? Mommy always blow dries it, but since she isn't here, can you?"