Chapter 2

I walk away from the house, and into the forest, not looking back once. Eventually, I get to the train tracks. A cargo train comes by every Saturday around 4 AM, and picks up goods to transport. I'm going to stowaway until it gets to where I'm going, although I don't know exactly where that is.

I pull out my iPhone, and glance at the time. There's still about half an hour before the train gets here. I sit down on a fallen tree, and glance down at the puppy.

"Hey little guy. I need to think of a name for you," I coo. I don't think Dagger suits him at all.

I rub his head and contemplate different names for this beautiful blue pit bull. He's such a sweetheart.

"I think I'll name you...Beau," I say. His tail wags back and forth a few times, as if voicing his approval. "Yeah...definitely Beau."

I probably should have taken dog food, because with Beau, my food will disappear twice as fast. Oh we'll, I'll figure something out. I'm not going back, not now, not ever. I'm sixteen, almost seventeen. In just over a year, I'll be legally an adult.

I hear a rumbling in the distance- the train is almost here.

"Ok Beau, we have to be quiet. No barking, no whining. Not until the train is moving," I say. I know he doesn't understand me, but I say it anyway.

The train stops, and men get out to open the compartments. One of the cars has a door on it, and they are loading smaller boxes onto it. That's where we will go.

They load for the good part of an hour, before one of the men brings out some coffee, and they all take a break.

"Okay boy, it's show time," I whisper. I scoop him up into my arms, and start towards the train cart, hiding behind trees, rocks, and cars until I'm just a few feet away from the door. I look around, and run through the door, trying to make as little noise as possible.

I look around the cart. There are a lot of cardboard boxes that I will definitely be raiding later. 

I stack a few light boxes to form a wall, and Beau and I hide behind it. Hopefully no one will find me. Beau and I have to stay put until the train starts moving. 

Now, all we have to do is wait.

A/N this chapter is not my best work. But don't worry, it will get better. =] so stay tuned