Chapter 11

I hear someone behind me as I run back towards the woods.

I feel a hand on my shoulder, and I spin around.

"What," I growl through clenched teeth.

"Woah, calm down. You said your name was Taylor, right? Well I'm Carter."

"Yes I know. You already said that," I reply, a little annoyed.

"Oh. Sorry. I was just wondering if I could have your number," he sheepishly asks.

I was going to say no, I really was. But I look up at his nervous face, and can't bring myself to put him down.

"Ok, do you have a piece of paper," I ask.

"No, but you can put it into my phone." He hands me his cellphone, and I type in my number.

"Ok, bye." I say.

"Do you need a ride home," he asks.

"No. I'm good," I reply. I walk away, and as soon as I turn the corner and he can't see me anymore, I take off running towards the woods, to where I left my stuff.

I grab my things, and walk around the forest for a while, trying to find a new camp site. And I do. I find a ginormous oak tree with a nest big enough to fit a tree house in, and it's right beside a small pond. I climb up to the nest, and empty the contents of my backpack; some cans of food, eight water bottles, all of my money, the little bowls, and 10 cans of corned beef- Beau's food.

I hear my text tone from my phone, and remember its in my front pocket of my bag, along with my charger. I pull it out, and see that I have a new text.

It reads, 'Hey. What's up... This is Carter btw.'

I reply, 'nothing much. just out walking.'

Then I slip my phone (and charger) into my pocket, without another thought.

I put on the now empty backpack, climb out of the tree, and head back to my other camp so I can collect the other things. Beau is lapping at the pond water. Poor dog- he's been walking around all day without water.

I let him drink, and then we head back to the other camp.

When we get there, what we find racks my confidence to survive out here.

A/N aha, suspenseful! lol. And yes, I am reusing the tree idea I came up with in 'Trust Me.' thanks for reading, and please comment and vote!!!

P.S. I'm watching life of PI. I love that movie. But I hate the scene where the dad makes him watch the tiger kill the goat. Or was it a sheep. It makes me so sad (I'm vegan.)

Author's Feedback to Past Self: CARTER SEEMS CREEPY! I know you were trying to make him adorable, past self, but he's creepy. I can live with him being forward and even with him asking for the phone number. Okay. So he thinks Taylor's cute.

But that little "Do you need a ride home?" 

Uh, no. This is the point I would pull out some pepper spray!!! Or at least told him to bug off.

Also, that texting her five minutes later? Someone's eager (to get in her pants, probably)

Oh, 12-year-old-me, if only you and I could have a conversation about this.