Chapter twenty

Demi's POV

I can't believe what I just witnessed this was insane. I could feel somebody pushing me but I can't move, I'm frozen steering at Alexis lifeless on the ground before me. I can hear Marissa screaming next to me but nothing is registering. I'm paralysed. The hands push e one more time and I stumble forward. I realise its Dallas, she took her jacket it off and placed it over my head and pushing me towards the car. I'm into much shock to argue at this stage and keep looking back to the scene behind me. Marissa is cradling over, Alexis's body crying and screaming abuse at Beau, where Max has Beau in a headlock. That's when I notice the girl just standing there, the girl that came with Beau. I take Dallas by the hand and drag her over to her. The girl didn't see me coming, I walked straight up to her and slapped her across the face. Normally I'm entirely against any type of violence, yes I do realise that's how I got out into rehab by punching my back up dancer but I still don't agree.

I grab Dallas's hand again, whose looking at me stunned and we make a break for the car before the paparazzi notice me. I feel really stink abandoning Lexi when she needs me but I don't want this all over the papers. We get to the car and I climb in behind Dallas looking out the window. I could see the police running to the scene and could see three people struggling around where Lexi lies. Shit I bet Marissa's gone at him again, I should of forced her with us. I know what she's like and she's only going to end up getting hurt.

I saw the ambos lift Alexis up onto a stretcher and watched as Marissa followed behind them and into the ambulance. Max came running to the car and got in not saying anything. He put out his hand to Dallas for the keys who happily gave them and we began following the ambulance. My heart was still beating fast, I was in shock. Max got his pone out and began ringing somebody. I sat there quietly listening in.

(Phone convo)

"Eddie, max here. There's been an incident. Demi and Dallas are fine but oh might want to meet us at the hospital."

"I'm not sure, they think it could be serious"

"You know what she's like mate, she jumped in and got herself pretty hurt"

"I'll explain once I see you in person, don't really want to remind the girls of what happened, we both know they are listening in"

"Alright we are about 10 minutes from the hospital, I will text you with more details"

Max hanged up and glanced at me using his rear view mirror.

"You alright?" He asked

"Fan fucking tactic" I said then remembered how he saved my best friends and changed the tone of my voice. "Sorry Max, just in shock. Thank you so much for what you did back there. You were amazing" I said with a small smile.

"It's what you pay me for" he said with a grin and a wink.

The rest of the car ride we spent in silence. We arrived at the hospital and parked the car. Dallas passed me a hat, sunglasses and a scarf to put on and we proceeded inside. I walked up to the first counter I saw and explained that my friends were brought here about 10 minutes ago. The lady explained they wouldn't of been processed yet but pointed to a door that said emergency room and told us we could probably find them in there. I followed her finger and walked through the door holding my breath at what I was about to find. I looked around looking for a familiar face and spotted what looked like Marissa at the end of the ward. I ran down and threw my arms around her crying. She squeezed me back, harder then we have ever hugged before and I could hear her crying too. We were interrupted as the doctor approached with a trolley.

"Are you ready for your stitches Miss Callahan?" He asked.

Stitches! I took a look at Marissa for the first time and saw a big cut across her head. Her whole face was bruised and she was clutching one hand that looked like it was giving her hell.