Chapter thirty

Demi's POV

Alexis walked into the bathroom to take a shower, hopefully it will help to sober her up a bit. I guess I can't blame her for drinking but I am disappointed. I really believed she was stronger then this and would stay strong for me. Is that selfish? As the door closes to the bathroom I turn around to look at Marissa.

"Stay here, I'm going to get dinner ready" I said looking her in the eye.

"Promise I won't let anything bad happen to her" she said. I guess she could see the worry in my eyes.

"I know Hun. Thank you" I said reaching out and hugging her. I let go and made my way out the room. I went into mine and quickly washed my face, taking off my makeup. I take my dress off and through it on the floor and walk to my wardrobe and grab an old big shirt out and put it on. That will do, comfort first. I will back out my room and look into Alexis's as I head to the kitchen, Marissa is sitting on the bed just steering at the bathroom door. I really hope she's handling this ok. I've been so caught up in myself and Alexis I haven't had time to check.

I walk to the kitchen and look in the fridge and see what we have. So many people have cooked for us over the last couple of days the options are endless. I found a chicken curry because that's mine and Alexis's favourite and chuck it in the microwave to warm up. I hear the doorbell and walk over to answer it. Jons standing there like a lost little puppy.

"What are you doing here?" I ask blocking the door a bit.

"I live here" he said pushing past me. That took me by surprise I don't remember Marissa asking for him to move in. I see him looking at me and realise I'm only in my shirt. Shit! I try to pull it down and walk back to the kitchen. I open the door to the microwave and gave our food a stir. I heard Marissa scream and thought it must be because Jon just walked in, I turned around to put the spoon on the bench and realise Jon is still standing there. I heard her scream again and ran.

I ran into Alexis's room as fast as I can. They aren't in the room so I make my way to the bathroom and walk in not expecting the scene that was in front of me. Tears flowed freely as I saw my Lexi lying in a pool of her own blood. Marissa was hovering over her body unsure what to do. She was hysterical. I don't know what's got into me but I step into action. I ran to Alexis and pushed Marissa out the way who obliged. I checked Lexis pulse and she still had one. Knowing that I was able to calm down and think rationally. I grabbed the shower head that was still flowing and held it over her wrist to help wash the blood off so I could see how deep the cuts were. They were deep but I don't think we were going to need stitches.

"Mar chuck me that towel" I yelled at her. She passed me it her whole body shaking. I took it from her and wrapped it around her left wrist tight because that's the one with the worse cuts.

"Find me something else to wrap on this arm" I said to Marissa as I held tight pressure on Alexis arm. Marissa grabbed the hand towel from the sink and handed it to me

"Put your hands here and push down hard, don't worry bout hurting her just make sure it's hard" I said taking her hands and putting them where mine were. I get up and move to the other side of her body and wrap her arm up in that towel ensuring I held the pressure on tight.

"I'm so sorry" Marissa started.

"Don't, nows not the time and its not your fault anyway" I said shutting her up because I didn't want to talk just yet. I don't think she understands how difficult this is for me. I can see my best friend lying in a pool of her own blood because her demons for got to her and I feel envoy because I wish that I could release the pressure from my demons just like she did. I could hear the demons starting as I watched Alexis's blood soak through the towel.