Chapter thirty three

Alexis's POV

I was awaken by Demi who was gently shaking me.

"Hey" she said as my eyes open.

"Hi" I mumbled back praying I could go back to sleep.

"We are leaving for the airport now" she said. Oh shit I forgot she was going.

"Ok" I managed to say thinking about how I was going to get through the next three days without her or Marissa.

"I can stay if you want me too" she said with a small smile.

"No, go. You haven't seen your family in forever and this will be really good for you." I said quickly. Of course I wanted her to stay but I wasn't going to be the selfish bitch that said it.

"Ok you can ring me at anytime, especially if your struggling and I'll ring you too. It's only three days we can do this" she said and I could hear doubt in her voice.

"I've got your back and you have mine we can do this" I said reassuring her. She pulled me up into a sitting position and gave me the biggest hug ever.

"Truth is I'm scared of doing this without you" she said gently into my ear.

"I'll be in your heart and once you land I'll constantly be on that phone with you." I said back.

"I love you" she said letting go, kissing me on the head and then she was gone. I slumped back down on my bed. I don't know why but I felt like a piece of me is missing. I pulled a pillow over my head and tried to go to sleep when I heard the door open again.

"What did you forget Demi?" I said without even looking at her.

"It's me" I heard Marissa's voice as the bed went down. I took the pillow off my face and looked at her. Oh my lord she is beautiful. I could tell I was making her feel shy because her cheeks went bright red, I tried to look else where but my eyes were drawn back to her beauty.

"I just wanted to say bye before we left" she said looking into my eyes and then looking away.

"Aww thanks" I said sitting up so I could see her properly. She was looking at me in a way that made me go all sweaty and made me feel nervous.

"You know I'm only a phone call away if you need me. Serious just ring and I'll be right back on the next plane home." She said, I looked into her eyes and they looked glassy. I put a fake smile on.

"I don't know why all of you guys are fussing over me, I'm a big girl now. I can look after myself" I said with a little giggle.

"That's questionable" she said with a laugh to. She got up to go and I grabbed her hand. I don't know what came over me. She turned around to look at me and I was lost for words, I completely zoned out lost in her beauty.

"Alexis" Marissa said quietly snapping me back from my world. I tugged on her hand making her sit back down on the bed. As she sat I lunged at her wrapping my arms around her neck. She wrapped her arms around me too and I don't know why but I started to cry.

"What's wrong babe?" She asked stroking my hair.

"I just all of a sudden got this fear that if you walked out that door, you wouldn't walk back in and I would loose you forever" I said, I don't know why I was being so emotional she was only going away for three days.

"You could never loose me" she whispered back into my ear.

"I love you" I said

"I love you too" she whispered.

"No Marissa Anne, I'm in love with you and it's killing me" I said the words nearly unrecognisable between my sobs.

"I knew what you meant Alexis, that's what I meant too and that's how I'm feeling but there's so much more to think about" she said and I could hear her voice begin to crack too.