Chapter thirty nine

Demi's POV

Alexis hasn't talked to anyone of us since the concert last night. Not even Marissa. I don't understand what the big deal is. I know she gets terrible stage fright and she's not confident in herself but she killed it and everybody loved her. Shouldn't she be happy? I'm sitting here reading all my mentions on twitter and everyone's blowing up about how good Alexis was and how they couldn't believe I had a sister another sister and how much we looked a like. I decide that maybe it's best if I explain to them that she's just my best friend whose practically family and clear the whole situation up. As I'm sending the tweet Marissa walks into the room and jumps on the bed. She grabbed a pillow and hugged it tight. I put my phone down and cuddled up next to her.

"What's up mar?" I asked I could see something was troubling her.

"I'm worried about Lex, she won't talk to me and she just looks depressed" Mar said searching my eyes for some type of answer.

"I'm worried to Ris, if I had known she was going to react like that I don't think I would of made her sing with me. I just wish she would let me in so I could help her" I said thinking back to our performance last night. She sung the song so perfect and she looked so happy up there on stage, I just can't make sense of why she's so depressed now.

"Demi are you listening?" Marissa yelled at me snapping me back out my thoughts.

"Yeah, I am" I said sheepishly.

"So we are going to go talk to her? We have an hour before we need to be at the venue and you need her to play again tonight" Marissa said reminding me that my guitarist is still injured.

"Yup, you lead the way though, she will be happier to see you" I said as I pushed myself up and followed Marissa to Alexis bedroom.

We knocked on the door and there was no answer so Marissa pushed it open and I followed. Alexis wasn't in there but we could hear the shower running from her bathroom. I made my way over to her bed and lied down waiting for her to come out. I don't know what to say to her. I felt bad for making her sing with me when she wasn't comfortable and guilting her into playing guitar for me but I really did need her and I still do. The door to the bathroom opened and Lex walked out, I looked up just in time to see she was but naked before looking away fast. I kicked Marissa her was steering at her who didn't seem to budge.

"Don't y'all knock" Alexis screamed running back into the bathroom.

"We did but obviously you didn't hear it" Marissa screamed after her. A few seconds later Lexi walked back out with a towel wrapped around her.

"Is it safe for me to look now?" I asked sitting up with a grin.

"Admit it you liked what you saw" she said with a laugh walking to her draws.

"I know I sure did" Marissa said.

"Eww enough. We need to talk please" I said before the conversation got to awkward for all three of us.

"What about?" Alexis asked walking over and putting her clothes on the bed.

"About last night and why you went funny on all of us after the show. If you were mad it should of been just at me not the others as well. They had no idea about what I was going to make you do" I said trying to meet her eye.

"Y'all need to look away while I get dressed" she said picking up a black and red bra. I turned my head to look at the picture wall and she carried on.

"I wasn't mad, well I was kind of to start with because I wasn't prepared for it and all that but I realised that it was good for me to help build on my confidence and self insurance" she said.