Chapter thirty eight

Demi's POV

Today's my first concert since the night I walked off the Jonas brother tour. I'm so nervous it's not even funny. I think I got about two hours sleep Max last night. I just kept having the same dream about how that concert ended. That night still haunts me. I have four hours before I have to be at the venue so I decide to get up and watch some tv. I tiptoe past the other girls not wanting to wake them and walk into the lounge to find Lexi and the girls.

"Why are use awake?" I ask picking up lily and cuddling her into me.

"Fiona's coming to pick them up soon so thought I would have them already" she said kissing the top of Emily's head. I don't know why but she seems worried about letting the girls go wit her.

"You ok? You seem on edge?" I asked

"Fine, how bout you? Your up early, it's still morning you know?" She said jokingly.

"Couldn't sleep. You worried about the girls?" I glanced at the twins who were kicking each other.

"Yeah a little. You worried about the concert?"Lexi grabbed Emily's legs and shot them both a warning look. She's going to make an amazing mother one day.

"They will be fine. Why are you worrying? Yeah I'm freaking myself out a bit. Will you go over the set with me later?" I asked knowing full well she couldn't say no to me.

"Fiona hasn't seen them all week, she hasn't rung to see how they are doing or to talk to them. To me that's just not right and knowing dads not there I worry. They are kind of like my babies.You know your an amazing singer. There's nothing to worry about and of course I'll go over it with you. Anything for you." She said giving my leg a squeeze.

"Demi, Lexi said we can't come to watch you wing can you tell her we can" Emily said fighting out of lexis arms to come cuddle me. I pulled her in and squeezed her and lily tight.

"That Lexi is a big meanie aye? But tonight your going to spend the night with your mum but I promise you can come to another one of my concerts sometime soon" I said tickling them so their frowns transformed into laughter. Lexi helped me attacking the girls with her tickles, soon they turned on me though and I was crying with laughter. We were disturbed by the doorbell. Lexi pushed herself and walked over to open it as the twins carried on tickling me.

"Hey, did you want to come in" I heard Lexi ask, I couldn't hear Fiona's response but I heard lex again and she sounded sad.

"Oh ok I'll just grab them" she said. She walked back over to me and bent down to the girls level.

"Hey time to go. Mommy's here" she said avoiding my eyes and sticking her arms out for the girls. The twins both kissed me and reached out for Lexi. She picked both of them up, hugging them against her tight as she walked back to the door. I watched as she kissed each one.

"I love use, have fun with mommy and hopefully I'll see you soon" she said putting them down on the floor and with that they walked away. She stood their watching for a while before shutting the door and walking back to the couch.

"Don't" she said before I could get my words out and flung herself down on the couch with her feet on top of me.

"She's raised them this good so far lex, don't be so worried" I said as she glared at me.

Alexis's POV

We made our way to the stadium so Demi could do her sound check. I could tell she was feeling nervous but I didn't say anything. I wasn't in the mood and I could tell she wasn't either. I had watched her over breakfast and she had barely touched it, I decided to let it slide for just today.