Chapter 3 - New Friend, New Rival, New Problem

You see flashes of a young boy smiling wearing a flower crown as he plays in a garden.  You woke up only remembering the boy's bright smile. Tears stream down your face and you wonder why. "...Don't worry your oppa will always be here for you! And I'll always protect you!"

That voice...It's so familiar, and calming...Who is it? You can't seem to get the boy out of your head, the same sentence replaying again and again in your head.

"____!" Taehyung called for you to wake up and eat breakfast before you had to go to school. You sat up from bed and pondered more about the boy as you headed to the bathroom to get ready. Everything about the past always came as a big fuzzy picture you could never comprehend.

"____~" Jimin smiled as he walked over to you, his hands behind his back. "What're you hiding?" You try to look at what he has, but he keeps moving.

"Oppa!" You let out a childish whine to make him show you. Jimin smiled in defeat and gives you a small pink box with a silk ribbon tied around it.

I hope he isn't pulling any pranks... You thought as you untied the ribbon and opened the box. Inside was a small silver bracelet adorned with little animal charms: a baby elephant, a small giraffe, a cute kitten, a little fox, a baby panda, an adorable piglet, and a happy little unicorn!

You couldn't help but grin as he clipped on the bracelet for you. Something about the bracelet just made you so happy.

"Kamsahamnida, Oppa!" Jimin laughed,"Just a little present for my jagiya!" You and everyone else finish eating and walk to school.

You arrived at school just in time, you take your seat and Jimin sat next to you, as Taehyung and Jungkook sat behind you.

"Good morning class!" Miss Gyeong said cheerfully. "I would like to introduce a new student from the Philippines!" Miss Gyeong headed to the door and opened it to a short girl with lightly tan skin, Michael Kor glasses, and short sleek black hair that was pushed to the side.

"Everyone please welcome our new student!" Everyone in the classroom said in unsion,"Welcome, we hope we all get along!"

"Hi everyone, my name is Talia Nguyen, I hope we all get along." she smiled and Miss Gyeong told her to sit in the empty seat next to Jungkook. We continued with class as normal and finally it was time for lunch.

"Let's go ____." Jimin waits for you to go to the lunchroom with him. "I want to talk to the new girl first." You reply as you turn around to face Talia.

"Hi, my name's ____! Do you want to go to lunch with us?" You ask as you gesture to the three boys. "Oh um yeah!  Thanks!" Talia smiles and looks a bit relieved, mainly because she won't be alone. The five of you head to the lunchroom as you and Talia become familiar with each other. Jungkook keeps on glancing at Talia and you cock your head to the side when you catch him staring.

"Um I'll catch up to you guys in a bit I need to talk to Kookie." You stop in your tracks and gesture for Jungkook. To follow you down the hall.

"Hey, you like her don't you?" You look Jungkook straight in the eye as you await his answer.

"U-um I don't know what you're talking about." he says quickly.

"Arraseo. Suit yourself." You spin on your heels and start walking to the lunchroom. Jungkook grabs your arm and stops you,"O-okay maybe I do but please, please don't tell anyone!" You smile with that 'I knew it' face,"Arraseo." You agree and proceeded to walk to the lunchroom.

"Aish! Where is she?" Jimin exclaims impatiently. "I'm sure she'll be here soon just wait a little." Taehyung reassures, Talia nods agreeing with Taehyung. You walk through the doors of the lunchroom and apologize for making them wait. "Yah! I'm going to punish you for this later ____!" Jimin says angrily.