Chapter 17 - Tears

You stared in disbelief as you stumbled for your phone, quickly dialing your father's number.

"Yeoboseyo, ____?" Your father picked up after the second ring.

"Dad, what's going on? Why are Young-Soo and I getting married?" You asked in complete confusion.

"____, I-I'm sorry but, his parents had done us a very, very big favor and...This is how they want us to repay the favor." He said softly.

"B-but, what about Jimin? Don't you know how much we went through to be with each other? Dad, please you can't!" You felt tears rapidly welling up in your eyes.

"Honey, I know I'm so sorry but, please understand that this is something out of my control." His voice cracked. Streams of tears already ran down your cheeks as you gripped onto the phone, trying to regulate your breathing.

"____, without Young-Soo's parents how do you think we got to America? How did you survive an accident that only had a 20% success rate in surgery?" His voice trembled slightly as he told you how much Young-Soo's family had helped yours. You couldn't hold it in anymore and you cried, letting every last bit of pain and anguish out of your heart. Young-Soo tried to comfort you but, you pushed him away crying as your father tried to calm you down.

"____, please don't cry anymore. It hurts me that you're like this because of me." Young-Soo rubbed your back and stroked your hair. After a few minutes the tears stopped and you asked to speak to your mother.

"Eomma... Please tell me you won't make me do this, please!" You begged.

"I know this is hard and I know that this is an arranged marriage but, please understand without Young-Soo's parents you wouldn't even be alive and we wouldn't have been able to escape Jae-Hwa's family." She sighed.

"Please, I will do anything, anything, please just let me be with Jimin." You tried to persuade them. The other end of the line stayed silent and Young-Soo's parents started to speak.

"____, I know how hard this may be but, please just do it for your parents. We didn't want to have to use this favor in order for Young-Soo to get married but it's the only way." His mother said.

"I know how much you have done for me and my family but, why me? Why not someone else? Please, I love Jimin so much and I can't bear to do this to him." You tried your best to get out of the situation. After much more pleading and begging, they still didn't change their mind about their decision, while all your parents could do was feel guilty. Young-Soo's parents decided to have the wedding after you finish your third year of high school, which would be the following year.

"Since you two won't get married till then, I suppose you can still date Jimin but, a month before the wedding you'll get engaged to Young-Soo. So you'll have to break up with him then, no later." Young-Soo's mother said sternly unlike her sweet self.

"Nae, I understand." You sulked.

"Oh, please call me 'mom' from now on, dear." She said cheerfully and you nodded and headed to your room upstairs.

"____..." Young-Soo stopped you before you shut the door.

"What?" Your eyes were blood-shot red from all the crying and your face was blotchy.

"It's all my fault, please forgive me." He said looking at the ground. You remained silent still standing in the door way.

"It's... Fine, just please, leave me alone for awhile." You said rubbing your eyes a bit.

"Huh? O-oh, of course. Sorry, I'll leave then." He said and quickly walked down the hall to his room. Afterwards, you sulked as you laid in bed thinking about Jimin. You decided to call him since you hadn't in a few days because of his busy schedule and all.

"Ah, Jagiya, perfect timing I was about to call you." He said sweetly.

"How's the tour going so far?"

"Great. How about back in Seoul, how's school?"

"Oh, yesterday was our last day."

"I miss you. A lot." He sighed.

"I miss you too... I wish you were here." You thought back to the conversation that happened merely minutes ago.

"Aw, Jagiya please don't be sad I'll be back before you know it, okay?" He said positively.

"My manager did say we might do a few concerts in Seoul on our way to Japan so we can see each other then." He cheered.

"Okay, I can't wait." You smiled feeling slightly better.

"Oh and--Huh? Ah, nae. Sorry Jagiya I gotta go but, I'll talk to you some other time. Saranghae! Annyeong!" He ended the call and you sighed as you placed your phone on the nightstand. You curled up into a ball and draped a fluffy blanket over yourself as you started to drift off to sleep.

After some time you woke up in a cold sweat, fresh tears stained your cheeks as you recalled a nightmare you had just a moment ago. You went to the bathroom to wash up after all that crying, your face was puffy and your eyes red like before.

"____? Are you asleep?" Young-Soo knocked softly on your door as you finished drying your face after splashing some water on to stay awake.

"In the bathroom." You croaked still sleepy.

"Ah, sorry to bother you, but come down when you're done for dinner." He said before heading to the dining room. Everyone had eaten in silence mostly staring at the TV or pretending to check something on their cell phones.

Weeks passed by like hours as you stayed in the Kim residence.

A/N: Young-Soo's last name is Kim btw so it's Kim Young-Soo~~

Finally, 5 months after Jimin's departure he came to Seoul for a concert and it would be the first time in a while you'd see him in person rather than on a screen.

"JIMIN!" You basically sprinted towards him.

"____!" He yelled back as he put out his arms.
Jimin held you in his embrace as you sobbed into his chest gripping onto his muscular back.
Both of you kept telling each other how much you missed and loved each other sometimes crying and sometimes just laughing at how embarrassing you both were.

"Jimin-shi, you're on in five!" A staff member called out.

"Ah, wish me luck and cheer for me alright?" He smiled and gave you a quick kiss before heading to the stylists to quickly check his makeup and mic.

"Daebak~~" Young-Soo said as he looked out at the full stadium. You laughed at his weird facial expression as you headed to one of the side wings to watch Jimin perform.

My time's almost up. I'm sorry, Jimin.

",~,",~,",~,",~,",~,",~,",~,",~,",~,",~,",~,",~,",~

How can this be?!
What will reader-chan
do now?! ( •̥́ •̀ )
How will Jimin react
to this shocking news?
Find out next time on
Don't Let Go
안녕~