Chapter Nine: Running Away.

Jimin's POV.

"Oh shush." I giggle, my phone lightly touching my cheeks, cooling the heat from the embarrassment.

"I'm serious, let me take you on a date." He says coolly. "I mean, we've already made love so-"

"Oh my god, shut up!" I giggle, body turning vermillion. "And you don't mean that; dating me isn't worth your time..." I trail off.

"I really is, Jimin. I've never met anyone like you before. You're so cute, kind and honest and; I love that about you." 'Honest.' I think. 'We're practically using him for extra information on Jungkook.' I admit to myself, guiltily.

"Uh, Jungkook is home so I'll talk to you later, okay?" I say quickly, wanting to get out of the situation without giving in and telling him the truth.

"Okay. Stay safe, I'll talk to you tomorrow. I'm busy tonight." He muffles. I hear the sheets that he was laying on crinkle and move about as he gets up, holding onto the phone loosely.

"Yeah, uh I'm busy tonight too. I've got to do something for work." I half-lie. Taehyung wants me to make sure that Jungkookie leaves on time to meet him at the park.

"Haha," He laughs, sounding like he actually believed my obvious lie. "Bye baby." He hangs up. 'Baby?' I question as I turn my phone off. 'I'm in deep shit now if he finds out about any of this. I... Need him. I don't want to lose him over something petty like this!'

*BEEP* *BEEP*

My phone notifies me that I've got a text message from Taehyung.

Jimin, come to the park down the road at half ten tonight.
-Taehyung

"Oh my god, why is he dragging me further into his stupid plan?!" I shout and throw my phone across the room in anger. I want to break something but this is Kookie's house. I let my body slide down the bed and on to the hard floor. I cry into my knees, breathing quickly and heavily, body shaking as I succumb to despair.

*******

Taehyung's POV.

I look out of the window of my blacked out Mercedes Benz. I see the streets lined with colourful, cheery Christmas lights and people milling around stalls selling various things such as pumpkin pies and lattes, wooden sculptures and calendars for the next 'exciting' year. I see children wrapped in scarfs too big for them with woolly hats and winter mittens, while their parents kiss and hold hands tenderly under the radiant light left from the overbearing Christmas tree. 'I wonder what life would be like if I got married to a beautiful girl, settled down somewhere in the country and had kids. How would my life change? Would I still be doing my job? Or, would I be playing rounders with my son and teaching my daughter how to ride a bike?' I grimace.

"We're here, Taehyung." Hoseok says, sliding around on his leather seat to look at me. I don't reply, but open the car door and let myself out. The air is crisp and fresh. The trees sway slowly, creaking and flickering across the light reflected from the moon in the distance.

"What exactly are you going to do Mr Kim?" Izzy whispers to me as she shrugs a cascading, black coat onto my shoulders for warmth. I had yet to tell my crew the plan, as I knew they would try and talk me out of it.

I clear my throat loudly. "Everyone listen to me." I command, raising my arm up to signal where exactly I was and where they should all be facing. "As you know, I have devised a plan to capture Jeon Jungkook's heart." I paused, noting how cheesy that sounded. "He will be arriving shortly. I want all of you to do as instructed: Mr Park and Mr Jung will escort Jungkook towards us. There we will knock him out and take him to my apartment where he will stay until he wakes. I will care for him and let him stay with me until submits, gives me his love, and I marry him- taking ownership of Jeon Corporations. Then, the only thing standing between me and that company is the big Mr Jeon himself. But let us not worry, word on the street is he's going to die soon anyway." I finish, standing proud at the agape mouths and wide eyes focused on me.

"ARE YOU FUCKING INSANE?!" Jimin screams at me as he strides towards me with a red face. I see a flash of skin before a dull punch is tossed into my face. He throws hits at me over and over. "HOW COULD YOU DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT?!" Punch. "HE'S STILL A KID!" Punch. "YOU'RE GOING TO KILL HIM TOO, HUH?!" Punch. "YOU MONSTER!" At that, my brain clicks into motion. I catch his hand in my bigger ones and look at him blankly in the eyes.

"If you interfere, Mr Park, I'll kill you too."

*******

Jungkook's POV.

I look at myself in the mirror, standing tall outside my bedroom door.

"Confidence, confidence." I mutter under my breath as I pat down any stray creases that had formed on my jeans.

*RING* *RING* *RING*

"Hello?"

"Hello Mr Jeon. There is a man down in the lobby who claims to be waiting for your arrival. He says he's a driver here to escort you."

"Thank you Ki, I'll be down in a second."

I put the phone down. Taking a deep breath, I swing open the door and walk into the lift. 'I feel so nervous, what if dad wants me to take over the company now? What if his illness has gotten worse?' My mind races with several scenarios until I hear the ding of the lift reaching the ground floor.

"Ground floor, doors opening." I murmur out of habit with the recorded message. I step out of the opening doors and into the open spread lobby.

"Jeon Jungkook?" A tall man with silver hair asks me. He has dimples and sorrowful brown eyes. He's dressed head to toe in black.

"M-my dads dead isn't he?" My voice cracks as I hold back the streams that had started to develop and swim along my eyes.

"Come with me." The familiar voice barks back as he walks towards the door. We walk into the carpark opposite the entrance and he leads me to a blacked out Mercedes. I climb inside and sit cautiously on the leather seats. The tall man sits in the drivers sea and quickly starts the engine.

"If he's dead," I say quietly to the driver. "Just tell me because I really don't want to sit in suspense any longer."

Silence. That's all the confirmation I need. 'When I get out of this car, I'm running as far away from here as possible.' I'm not thinking clearly but I don't care. 'I'm not taking that business over, I refuse!'

*******

[If you want to read the YoonMin smut, go to the chapter marked SMUT #2]