Chapter Ten: Oak Tree.

Taehyung's POV.

"If you interfere, Mr Park, I will kill you too." I say sternly, my grip getting tighter on his tiny wrist. I feel the pitter of his heartbeat pulsing throughout his arm. 'I must be making him nervous.'

"Taehyung, that's enough. He's not going to interfere." Hoseok assured, grabbing Jimin and yanking him out of my grasp. "He'll be under Mr Lee's supervision, he'll ensure that Jimin follows the command. We know how serious you are about that company." Jimin looks up, desperately trying to figure out Hoseok's change in attitude. I feel smug but I glare at Jimin with a look of disgust on my face as I briskly turn on my heels and begin talking again.

"I'll be waiting for him at my flat. Mr Jung, escort Mr Park to Mr Lee. And be warned, if you do decide to tamper with the plans of my soon-to-be rightful ownership to that company, I can ruin your lives in more ways than you can possibly even fathom." I see the half a dozen men around me gulp with wild, running imaginations, calculating what I possibly meant.

I keep my stone cold expression as I walk away.

*******

I let my feet drag me on the familiar path back to my apartment, through the winding roads. 'I should have taken a taxi but, I need to clear my head.' I sigh to myself. 'Did I seriously just threaten Jimin? And for what? Money? Greed? Power?! That company is making me crazy, why am I even that bothered?!' I tangle my hands into my hair in frustration. 'It's not like I even need it, it's just desire that's driving my insanity.' I stop walking as a ginormous, ancient oak tree comes into my line of vision. 'When did I become this? When did I become so competit-'

*CRASH*

My body stiffened when it was flung into contact with the withered, cemented, icy path below me. The first thing I notice was the dithering hum of pain that pulsated through my left arm. The second thing I notice is that Jeon Jungkook was straddling my lap, crying, and sending inappropriate vibrations onto my body via the shakes from his sobs. His back is hunched over, his brown tousled hair was wild and windswept; littered with leaves and branches, and his usually wide, confused eyes were squeezed shut in a feeble attempt to stop the streams from drizzling down his reddened face.

"A-are-" I cut myself off to cough, preventing my voice from breaking or stuttering idiotically. "Are you alright?" I ask, cursing my soft spot for the boy. 'I can't stand to see him crying, but, I should be yelling at him! He knocked me over and now my suede shoes are drenched in soggy mud!' But I refrain.

"N-n-no." He replies, using his jumper curled in his fists as tissues against his eyes. I put my spare arm, the one that's not being crushed by the boys thick, gorgeous thighs, and gently touch his arching back in sympathy.

He notices my subtle touch and opens his eyes. They're so bloodshot and full to the brim of salty tears that I sigh and heave myself into a sitting position, shuffling him back in the process to make me more comfortable.

"Y-you're the b-b-boy from the park. And from t-the restaurant. I recognise your v-voice." He grips my forearms like a clingy baby, a look in his eyes that pleaded for me not to leave him here by himself. "P-please don't-"

"Everything is going to be okay." He sends me a little smile, it's tiny but it still counts.

"I hope so." He whispers as he nuzzles himself into my neck. His tangled hair tickles my neck slightly and his shallow pants of warm breath make me close my eyes in relaxation as I wrap my now free arms to engulf his large back into my touch. 'I needed this just as much as he does.' I think to myself. Besides from Jimin's wrist, a few dusty handshakes and small finger touches when passing papers to Akua and Namjoon, I haven't made physical contact with another person in so long.

It feels nice.

*******

"I know this is weird but," I say, holding his soft, delicate hand as a hand warmer, as we walk down the road, "Do you want to stay at mine tonight? You look like you need it."

"You're not going to shout at me, are you?" He asks, all stuttering banished from his impeccable speech.

"Shout at you?" I ask, turning to face him.

"In the restaurant. You said my name, stared at me, and left. I thought I did something wrong." The brunette replies, detangling our woven hands and looking down with a sheepish expression.

"No, no. I just..." 'Quick, think of a lie!' "I'm friends with your father?" I say, pitch getting higher in a half hearted questioning tone.

"Oh. Okay." He says, looking more saddened by my statement than relieved. 'Why is he sad? What was he expecting me to say? Or... Maybe it was the mention of his father.' I feel a grin itching across my face. 'Maybe that old man has finally bit the dust and Jungkook is in full ownership already! Ooh, Jungkook, you have no idea what I've got in stall for you.'