Chapter Twelve: Intertwined Hands.

Taehyung's POV.

He sat down softly onto the leather sofa, diagonal from my cream coloured, four poster bed. His breath was still uneven and stutter filled from his crying earlier. The brunette sighed and brought his brown, doe eyes up to meet my downward stares.

"Thank you. For letting me stay, I mean. And the hug. You barely know me for gods sake! But, I'm thankful to be cared for; like this." He grins, showing his cute bunny teeth to me in gratitude, but somehow an air of melancholy surrounded him.

"Honestly, it's my pleasure Jungkook. You can always come to me from now on in your time of need." I reply, smiling. When he looks down to untie his faded and frayed, white Vans, I frown to myself, mood changing in realisation. 'What am I doing? Snap out of it Taehyung, he's nothing more than a stepping stone towards Jeon Corporations.' I mentally scald myself.

"Can we talk for a bit? I feel like I need to get to know you, I'm intruding on one of my fathers friends without even knowing your name." He sighs, sitting back up straight and rubbing his temple with the pads of his tanned fingers, eyes closed with exhaustion. I dismiss his tired attire and squat down to be at the same eye height as him. I take his hands in my own. He blushed profusely and looked down at our intertwined hands on his lap. A burst of happiness ran through me, changing my perspective of the situation. My bad side grumbled and echoed for the last time before being replaced by the new, happy Taehyung.

"Sure! Sounds like fun, let's make a game out of it." I giggle, flashing him a bigger smile than before. He smiled widely at me in return, not noticing my sudden mood change.

"What kind of game?" He asks, cocking his head. Gathering courage to look at me, our gazes met again. I dropped one of his hands silently and laced my fingers of the other hand through his so we were holding hands properly.

I stand up, stringing him along behind me, and stride into the marble floored kitchen. My black socks slide slightly over the clean surface and I feel Jungkook's feet following suite of mine. I let go of his hand briefly to stand on my tiptoes to fling open a silver painted plastic cabinet full of my hidden goods. I pull out a thick, transparent bottle.

"Vodka?!" He splutters, eyes widening at my choice of drink; finally catching onto my 'game'. "I'm only 18-"

"Exactly, so you're legal to drink." I deadpan, shrugging while closing the cabinet and hastily grab his abandoned hand again.

*******

"Okay, okay. Do you wanna ask first?" He asks, swaying like a tittering breeze. I'd only given him two shots as an introduction to the game, and he already looked out of it.

I nod, sitting back on the heels of my shoeless feet. My tie was thrown across the wooden floor a few feet away and my shoes were scattered in the distance with the black coat Izzy had placed on me earlier. "Should I start off easy? Because you have to answer honestly, you know." I remind him, pouring us another round.

"It's your choice." He lips his licks and slides the alcohol closer towards him.

"You get a new shot every time you answer, to make it interesting." I grin, placing my drink in front of my knees. "Mm, okay. When's your birthday?" I ask, already knowing the answer due to my background file on him. 'I know more about him than he does, I just need to pretend that I don't.'

"1st of September 1997." He answers without hesitation. I raise my eyebrow to him as he downs the drink. "When's yours?" He replies, placing his drink in front of me to fill up. "That's not my question by the way, I'm just curious." He quickly adds, not wanting to miss out on getting to know me.

"30th of December 1995." I chuck my head back and guzzle the vodka. The burning slides down my throat as I hiss slightly. 'It's been a while since I've had alcohol.' I think, readjusting the hairs of my fringe back into place.

He chokes on his saliva. "You're only two years older than me?" He questions. Scanning his eyes over my body, he takes in my appearance. I cross my arms like a stubborn child and huff.

"Why? How old did you think I was?" I say, pouting. He bursts out laughing, occasionally choking on his spit again. Finally he sighed, clutching his stomach.

"I don't know, late thirties?" He asks, tears dripping down his red face, trying to hold back his loud shrieks of laughter. I gasp and whack his arm playfully.

"Whatever. Your turn."

"What's your name?" He asks, calming down from his giggle fit. I freeze. 'If it'll him, he'll know who I am!' I feel myself start to panic.

"Uh, Kim N-Namjoon." I reply, trying to keep my cool, and cringing at my hesitation and stutter.

"Wait, are you Seokjin's boyfriend?!" He asks as he points his finger at me. "He didn't stop talking about you all day today!"

'Wait... What?' I think frantically to myself. 'How does he know who Namjoon is? And how do Mr Kim and Namjoon know each other?!' I ask myself, confused and embarrassed that I have to stick to my lie. "Uh, yeah." I say huffily as I down my shot. 'How can I make Jungkook fall in love with me now if I'm now dating his boss?!'

"Ah, I see." He looks down, almost seeming disappointed. 'Maybe my plan will work after all.'

"Why did you ask anyway? Do you like me, Jungkookie?" I question slyly, using his nickname to tease him.

"Yes." He exclaims boldly. He locks eye shot with me as he downs his drink. He slams it back onto the wooden floor of the hallway and gestures that he needs a top up. I pour his drink as he continues talking. "But it doesn't mean anything, I can't take something that isn't mine." He recites, in a child-like tone. He begins to sway again.

"Okay." I reply blandly. "Your turn."

"How do you know me again? I forgot." The floppy haired teen explains, tapping the side of his head with his free hand.

"I'm one of your fathers friends." I reply, shuffling around so I was cross legged too. My legs had gone numb from sitting weirdly.

"Oh. Well he's dead now so..." Jungkook shrugs, hiccuping. He grabs my shot and downs it before reaching for his own and doing the same. Gently, he lay his palms flat against the floor, parted, a little ways further back than himself. He leant in his toned arms as he looked upwards towards the ceiling, as if he was reminiscing about his father. With his head thrown back, I could admire his sharp, gorgeous jaw line.

"I'm sorry for your loss." I gulp, feeling slightly guilty. "Is that why you were crying in the park earlier?"

Silence.

He looked back at me with tears strung in his eyes. "It just hurts so much, Hyung." Wordlessly I stand up, knees clicking, and I grab his hand. I pull him to my height and hugged him for the second time today. Eventually pulling away, he opened his mouth to talk again, timidly. "Namj-" I silence him with my finger. I dragged him to my room.