Chapter Six: Starlight Boy.

Jungkook's POV.

"I need some air." I announce to my friends as I heave myself out of my sofa crease off the sunken couch entirely. It was currently 11 o'clock and Jimin, Hope and I had decided to stay for the night at my apartment, as it was the biggest and Jimin had nowhere else to go. 'They're too engrossed in Mortal Combat, they probably won't notice that I'm gone.' I think to myself as I grab my keys, phone, and strap on my black Surgical mask before shutting the door behind me.

I hobble across the hallway and into the silver painted lift. Thankfully it was empty. 'I can't stand being in lifts with other people.' I hastily press the ground floor button and wait patiently for the mirrored doors in front of me to shut. I stare at my reflection and he stares back. My brown mop covers my forehead and almost shields one of my eyes. 'I need a haircut.' I tease my hand through the thick locks and straighten my fringe to one side, pushing it out of my eyes temporarily.

*DING*

"Ground floor; doors opening." I mutter along with the recorded message that echoed inside the lift. I step out of the double doors and stride across the lobby and through of the steamed up, glistening doors on the opposite side.

"Fuck." I gasp to myself once I step outside. It's so cold, my face instantly feels frozen and my fingers go red and stiff. 'I won't be out for long, there's no point in going back now.' I reassure myself as I trudge down the street and towards the dimly lit park. I locate the bench that Jimin and I sat on earlier and plonk my frozen butt onto the creaking planks of barely held together wood. It feels almost peaceful but terrifying at the same time, sat in an abandoned park with nothing but the sound of creaking swings and the ghastly wind.

"Juxtaposition." I exclaim quietly to myself. I sit back on the bench, hearing the whining of the wood protesting, and softly shut my eyes. I'm too numb to feel the cold anymore. It's a nice feeling, although it makes me feel ever so sleepy.

*******

I'm not too sure how long I've been here. I turn on my phone, letting the bright light catch me off guard and nearly blind me.

11:47 PM.

I guess I should be getting back. I sigh as I get up off the bench and begin to stomp back through the greenery.

"Never mind I'll find someone like you~!" A deep, silky smooth voice shocks me out of my peaceful mindset. 'His voice is so beautiful...' I stop in my tracks and dart my eyes around, looking for the source of the lullaby.

"Don't forget me, I beg! I'll remember you said~!" The voice continues. I see a silhouette of a figure, sat lazily under the stars, far away from any real light source. He had his legs outstretched in front of him and his hands behind him, giving his head easier access to gaze up at the twinkling above. I stare at him, trying not to move so I can continue to listen, but not get caught.

"Sometimes it lasts to love and sometimes it hurts instead." He finishes gracefully, without a single note out of pitch. I have to hold myself back from clapping.

"You know, it's rude to stare." The boy utters loudly. 'Is he talking to me?!' I'd flush deeply if I wasn't already painted red from the frost. I look down in embarrassment. If my legs weren't frozen to the spot, I'd sprint away in shame; but fate wasn't on my side.

"Come over here." The deep voice commands. I edge forewords blindly following the silhouettes orders. I find myself sat on the grass next to him.

"Are you just going to gape at me all night?" I hear the grin coating his words as he looks at me. 'His voice sounds so familiar.' He pulls on his Surgical mask, at least I presume that's what it was, it's too dark to actually tell, and he breathes deeply. 'Say something, Jungkook!'

"H-hi." Pathetically, I try to strike up a conversation with the deep voiced boy.

"Ah, so he can speak." The figure mocks, snorting softly.

"Y-yeah. Sorry for... Y'know..." I trail off, holding my cold hands to my cheeks.

"No need to apologise, I know I'm just that enticing." I feel like he probably winked after saying this, so I laughed and pretended I saw it. "Are you cold?" The boy asks, his body turning to face mine in the thicket of darkness.

"A bit?" I say in a questioning tone. He places his warm hand on my forehead suddenly and I yelp, jumping back in surprise.

"Woah, woah calm down dude. I'm just worried for your health." The boys voice was projected in a muffle, due to the mask he was wearing.

"Sorry, sorry." I shuffle back closer to him. He places a hand back on my face.

"You're freezing! Why aren't you wearing a jacket?! Omo, put this on right now!" He worries, shoving a puffy, waxy feeling coat into my arms. I shrugged it onto my small frame and become enveloped in a smell that was indescribable. It smelt like warm fires, traditional wood and rose gold all concocted together in a musk that could only be associated with the feeling of a loving, trusting home. 'Something I'll never have.' I frown to myself as I wrap the coat tighter, relishing in the warmth and sweet smell.

"So, Icicle Boy, tell me about yourself." The other boy boldly states as he turns to look at me in the darkness.

"There's not really much to tell." I shrug and shake my head lightly. "And even if I did, I barely know you. For all I know; you could murder me right now."

"And ruin my new coat? Pff yeah right." He laughs loudly. "But seriously? You sound like an interesting person so c'mon! There has to be something."

"Well..."