Chapter Fourteen: For What?

Suga's POV.

"Well, it's a good thing that I've got all night then, isn't it?" I spat in reply, the harshness in my voice intended. Hope tripped and stepped further back, still looking like he thought I was about to kill him.

"Yoongi, look-" Jimin starts, but I cut him off with fury drenching my distasteful words.

"I can't believe how you wormed your way into our lives, and for what?! To put Jungkook in danger?!" I ask, not meaning for it to sound rhetorical, but I wasn't getting an answer. I was red faced from my hysterical accusations as I watched vengeance-filled as Hope ran away out of fear. My eyes were trained on him as he galloped across the empty pathway and into the trees in the distance. Now it was just me and Jimin on the edge of the field, no one else in sight but a few nerve wracking birds. "And you, did you really have to break my heart?! I bet that was your plan all along! Date the ugly one to get close to the victim!" I scream, stray tears dripping down my face, obliviously. My eyes were boring into his as he looked back at me guiltily and ghost white. "I loved you! And you took that adoration and stomped it into the ground just to get what you want!" I exclaim, not really filtering what I was saying. His expression changed quickly and he appeared shocked at my accusation. He takes a small step back, warily. At this point all of my emotions were escaping through my words, but I couldn't stop shouting. "Why did you have to lie to me?! I loved you so much! So, so much! But you'll never understand that, you ignorant prick! And now you've taken my only friend away from me, and that hurts me even more! Tell me he's okay! I need to know of my Jungkookie is okay!" I cry, knees shaking from the lack of adrenaline. My body jitters with uncontrollable spasms thanks to the freezing temperature. A cold breeze sifts through the empty space between me and my previous lover. An even colder tension flutters wraps around us both, coating us with guilt at what had happened. 'Did I seriously say those things to him?' I sigh to myself, not wanting to question the situation too much.

"Hyung. C-can I please explain n-now?" He asks. I open my mouth to speak but he raises his index finger to silence me. "Without y-you shouting at me?" I nod, feeling a calmer emotion wring through me.

"Okay." I say quietly. 'If I lose my cool again, I won't ever find out what's really happening here.'

"M-my boss, Kim Taehyung, owns t-t-the company 'Bangtan Financials' which is the rival company to 'Jeon Corporations'." He clears his throat, gathering confidence as he tells his story. "He went crazy with power once he became the owner after his brother, Kim Baekhyun, retired early. He wanted to own the two biggest financial companies in Korea so badly that he divised a plan to marry Jungkook, somehow dispose of Mr Jeon, and take responsibility of the two companies. Then he would 'get rid' of Jungkook in one way or another, giving him full ownership. The others and I, we're only doing what we're told. Our jobs are everything to us. Hoseok and I had been living on the streets until Taehyung found us and gave us steady jobs. We owe him everything. You don't know what it was like on the streets, Yoongi Hyung, we literally owe him our lives. He even threatened me. I don't want him to hurt you too, so I can't let you interfere. Although, I'm powerless so it's not like you'll listen to me anyway. You hate me." He whimpered, sounding undeniably guilty and defenceless. He shuffles his feet and gently kicked a stray stone that had made its way on to his path.

"Jimin..." I trail off, sighing. Leftover tears wash down my nose but I ignored them. The deafening silence continued to ring as I stared at Jimin and he stared, with little interest, at his polished, leather shoes. I had to process this.

"I love you, Yoongi." Jimin says out of the blue. I try to ignore him but he raises his head and catches my gaze. "I'm so, so, so sorry for dragging you into this. You're right, I am an ignorant prick. I did worm my way into your lives. I did betray Jungkookie. I did lie to you. But, I didn't mean to. Please forgive me, Yoongi." He says, his own tears staining his face, miserably. He looks down, saddened and embarrassed.

"Jimin..." I say again, pathetically, not knowing what to say. He attempts to blink away his tears and fails in doing so. I cautiously took a few steps towards him. A stream of tears dribbled down, causing him to sniffle like an innocent child. On impulse, I rushed forewords and cupped his cute, chubby cheeks in my hands. "Don't cry, baby. I love you too." I proclaimed, using my thumb to wipe away the pooled, salted water under his courageously bright eyes. He smiles at my action. I watch as his eyes turned into little crescents on the tanned horizon of his face. I leant my forehead to press against his. He studied my face like he was a teachers pet taking notes in class before grinning again. I sighed in content, my breath hitting his skin that was a mere few inches away. I watched his naughty eyes flicker down to my lips before back up to meet my eyes. I beamed as I leant even further forewords, pulling his body flush with mine. Our lips collided softly. His beautiful eyes fluttered closed as I brought my arms around his waist, pulling him as close as I could. The kiss was sweet and passionate. Different than the night when we had sex. This was slow and full of love and adoration for each other. I honestly couldn't put into words how much emotion was sparked between us as we stood, clutching onto one another like we were each other's personal oxygen supply. I bit down softly onto Jimin's plump, bottom lip to make him gasp. He obeyed my mental orders and opened his coven wide for me to slip in and explore. We continued to kiss until we were forced to pull away for real oxygen.

"Daddy? Can I go back to yours?" Jimin said, making my eyes widen in panic. I pulled my face away from his and held him at arms length.

"Woah, woah Jimin. Now's not the time. I still need to get my head around what happened with you and Jungkook. We need to figure out what Taehyung is going to do with him." I reply, shuffling my hands to ruffle his hair in a caressing manner.

"Yeah, you're right. I'm sorry."

"It's okay. Now go home and get some sleep. It's late and I don't want my baby boy to catch an illness walking around in this temperature." I command, pulling him into a quick hug before lacing out hands together and pulling away.