Chapter 10 ~ Leaving

Aaliyah

I couldn’t believe that I was now on Warped Tour with the band I had come to love, both on-stage and off.

Everyone cheered when Ashley announced that I was staying with them, we were driving to my house now to pack up my stuff, and I knew my mother would be happy. But I wouldn’t dare tell her I was running off with a famous rock band. Nevertheless I hadn’t ever dated a guy, mostly because of my mother and her trigger happy finger.

“Are you guys sure you want to take me along now? You don’t have to…” I murmur as we turn onto my street.

“Yeah, it’ll be fun having you aboard Aaliyah.”  Jinxx smiled at me and everyone nodded.

“I insist, Aaliyah.” Ashley said.

He scanned me like he suspected something and I immediately tried to nonchalantly cover the scars on my arms. Soon I ordered the bus to stay down in the circle at the end of the street as I walked into the house.

I looked around and crept forward, silently closing the door behind me, trying to get down the hall without making a noise and open the door to my room. Stealthily springing down the stairs and running into my room.  I find a big duffle bag I used to use to transport clothes to and from my father’s house when he was around. I packed all the necessities including my many pairs of finglerless gloves that reached my elbows. Clothes, shoes, makeup, and my phone stuff, until I stared at the looming steel lying on my desk, looking a bit rusty and well used.

My arms began to itch and I just slid on one of my pairs of fingerless gloves. Sighing I sat on the bag to zip it up and left the blade behind as I trudged up the stairs again, accidentally making some noise.

As soon as I opened the door to my room my mother stood there, her arms folded.

“Where do you think you’re going, miss?” She says sternly.

“Nowhere, mother. Just returning all the stuff Jurnee lent me.” I murmur, referring to my ex best friend and acted like she had some of her clothes at my house.

“Bullshit.” My mother hissed.

“Move, mom.” I muttered trying to slide past her.

“Aaliyah Jordan Monroe. Get back down there.”

“No, Cathrine Morice Monroe I will not.” I growl.

My mother glared at me, a death glare and I ducked just as she reached out to slap me or grab my hair, I didn’t bother to figure out what one, I ducked under her hand, saw my little teacup shih-tzu Maggie and tore out the door, tearing down the street as fast as I could in my clumsy cowboy boots.

I waved with one arm wildly at the driver to start the bus as I heard my mother shouting after me.

I tore into the bus as my mother ran down the street, her face red with anger.

“Go! Go! Go!” I pant collapsing in the stairs as I twisted my ankle in my boots and let my shih-tzu run farther into the bus as the door closed and locked behind me.

The bus pull pulled forward fast and the guys shrieked as the bus jerked so suddenly.  I sat on the steps and sobbed, my mother had never tried to hurt me before and it was scary. I couldn’t stand my ankle was swelling and soon as the boys regained their posture.

Ashley dashed to me as I heard CC shriek “PUPPY!”

“You alright?” He asks helping me up as I held up my right ankle.

“No, I twisted my ankle as I was running…” I mutter.

“Ow, damn!” Ashley hissed imaging. 

He helped me over to the couch and sat me down. My dog was sniffing around and I smiled at her.

My mother had always complained about Maggie, she didn’t like her. Mom and I had gotten into fights about her trying to give Maggie away, and I knew soon she’d give her away for sure. I saved her.

“You guys okay with little Maggie here?” I ask.

“She’s so cute!” Jake says as he kneeled by her and she happily walked up and licked him, her twisted tail wagging.

“Sure, we’ve never brought along a pet.” Andy shrugged.

“Well, this is a first.” I smiled and hugged Ashley. “Thank you.”

“For?” He wrapped an arm around me in a one arm hug and raised an eyebrow.

“Saving me from that house, I was getting kicked out anyway.” I mutter. “And for accepting me.”

A flash of realization flashed across his face but then he just nodded. “Of course.”

And then we soon were on the road; off to Phoenix. I threw my phone across my room as it endlessly vibrated with my mother’s angry calls and hateful texts. I sighed and buried my head in Ashley’s chest and silently cried. He just held me, and I was in paradise.

Someone cared.