Chapter 29 ~ Time To Tell

Aaliyah

I say nervously looking at myself in the mirror touching my stomach that was so ever slightly getting bigger, I contained life. I sighed and saw Ashley getting ready in the back ground, he had wanted to go out and get some Denny’s and I was going with him. Juliet had told me that it was the best time to tell him before I would begin showing.

Ashley saw my distressed look in the mirror and walked over to me, his boots clinking as he strode to me.

“What’s wrong my bandita?” He whispers putting his hands on my hips and his chin in the crook of my neck.

“Just, really hungry…” I say slowly.

“You look pale baby, are you sure you’re okay?” Ashley asks gently swaying me.

I nod and look at him, kissing his cheek gently making him blush slightly. Smiling we both leave with Ashley’s calloused hand holding onto mine firmly, swinging our arms as we walked down to his challenger and were off to Denny’s in a matter of minutes.

~

I sighed as I looked around, Ashley’s face was buried in a menu, his cowboy hat the only part of his head visible.

“Alright Aaliyah, what’s wrong, you haven’t tried to steal my hat yet.” Ashley says.

I sit up straight, “What?”

“What’s wrong?” Ashley repeats, setting down his menu, all his attention on me.

For some odd reason, I began to get emotional, and I began crying. Ashley got up from his seat and sat beside me, holding me tight and rocking me to soften my cries.

“Aaliyah, what’s gotten into you?” Ashley whispered.

“Ashley… I…” I couldn’t manage to form the words, I didn’t want him to reject me.

Ashley pulled back to look at me. “You’re..?”

“Pregnant.” I whisper.

Ashley recoils to look me over, “Really?”

I nod, tears spilling over as I cast my gaze down.

“Aaliyah,” Ashley murmurs, lifting my head up. “Why are you crying? That’s great news!”

“Really? I thought, I thought you’d be mad.” I hiccup from crying too hard.

“No, baby. I’m happy.” Ashley smiled and hugged me tightly, pulling me into his lap.

“Ash, I’m so happy you say that.” I smile with tears still going down my face.

“We’re going to be parents.” Ashley smiled burying his face into the crook of my neck.

I steal his cowboy hat and make him laugh, he just cuddles with me until the waitress finally arrived and ordered for us.

Ashley and I, we’d be amazing parents.

~

Ashley carried me inside as I kicked and giggled. “You’re so happy Ash! Haven’t been this happy sense we got home after warped!”

After I said that Ashley gave me a smug smile but then if faded. “Oh shit.”

I raise an eyebrow as he closes the door behind him with his foot and lays me on the couch where the dogs began jumping on me, but I instinctively covered my stomach.

“Tour, The Church Part 2 in Europe is next. “ Ashley says.

“Is it longer than the tour with Bullet?” I ask.

Ashley nods, “It’s about from Germany to Nottingham so…”

“Italy, Switzerland, Belgium, places like that?” I ask.

Ashley nodded.

“Then we’ll go together, no matter what.” I nod.

“Are you sure about that Ali? We could have our baby in Italy or something like that…” Ashley says, sitting beside me on the loveseat.

“Well, then he or she will have a story to tell.” I smile. “Imagine if you could say you were the son or daughter of an amazing bassist in an amazing band, and you were born on tour in somewhere exotic.”

At this comment it made Ashley smile and laugh, nodding in agreement. “Okay, I’d want to hear that.”

I smirk and lay my head on his shoulder as Maggie decided to nest on Ashley’s lap, and Killer beside me, Tokyo was somehow behind me on the top of the couch already fast asleep, I giggled, life was perfect.