Chapter 13 ~ Unwanted Surprise

Ashley

We were now in San Antonio, Texas and everyone was going through fan mail, and things we had received through signings and we were enjoying it. I was in the middle of reading a letter when our manager, John told us it was just about time for us to come on stage.

I walked with Aaliyah who rocked some black shorts with patches on them, a Purdy Girl shirt I had given her and a mini, short sleeved leather jacket with fishnet tights and combat boots. She looked beautiful with her long brown curls falling down her back.

She caught me looking and smiled, slightly blushing. “What?”

I snap out of my trance and smile back at her. “Nothing, just admiring my cowgirl’s wild beauty.” I say with a smile.

She blushed another shade of crimson as I kissed her cheek.

We had arrived on stage and sat polishing our guitars, waiting for our cue when she pressed me up against a wall and fluttered her long eyelashes, making me look at her icy blue eyes.

I groaned inwardly as she tried to size me up but I was taller than her by a few inches.

“I’m not your ‘cowgirl’.” She said.

“Then what are you?” I whispered teasing her.

She turned so her back rested against my chest and she looked up at me, snatching my aviators and putting them on herself.

“I say I’m more of a… Bandita.” She smiled.

“Bandita and Outlaw, sounds legit.” I smirked and kissed her forehead.

She smiled and soon we heard the recording of Andy for the beginning of Wretched and Divine, we were about to rush out and start the show.

As andy spoke about God’s Kingdom I slipped some earplugs into her ears and she leaned forward, closing her eyes. It seemed like she was about to kiss me on the lips but teasingly kissed my cheek and winked.

“Good luck, Outlaw.” I say.

I nod and fix my bandana and smile at her just before I follow Jake out onto stage and Andy follows me.

“Here we go

Holding onto lies, holding onto ties that vanished

Cut the rope

And fall into the sky, the devil filled our minds with sadness”

I play expertly on my bass as the fans go wild, cheering for us.

~

The show was a hit, and I was walking hand-in-hand with Aaliyah around the bus stop and I stopped by our pull-along trailer, telling her to watch as I rolled something out.

“Ashley! Is that a Harley?” She squeaked, smiling.

“I always bring my bike on tour! And Andy brings his…” I trail off motioning to the actual black mountain bike in the trailer.

“Can we go on a ride?” She asks, admiring my well cared for Harley Motorcycle.

“Yeah, after I give you this…” I say, reaching to pull out a box when a sudden voice stops me from doing so.

“Ashley? Ashley Purdy?”

I winced, remembering that voice clear as day; Aaliyah’s head swiveled to to see the girl.

Kena stood there, looking just like she did when I hated her. Perfect, like a Barbie. My heart broke just seeing her; I clenched a fist and stood up to see her.

“What do you want, Kena?” I hiss.

“Oh, did I interrupt something? Oh! My bad!” He said placing a hand on her chest and acting like she didn’t mean to interrupt the moment between Aaliyah and I. “Oh hey! You still have that bike! So many rides on that, it was soo fun; and I’ve soo missed you!”

Kena ran up in her pink pumps and hugged me. I didn’t hug back.

Aaliyah looked stunned, and hurt shadowed her face. I tried to say something but she backed away.

“I’ll see you in the bus, Ashley.” She said quietly.

“Aaliyah wait-”

“Ashley you should take me on a ride!” Kena interrupts me as Aaliyah runs away.

I growl low in my throat and back away from her.

“Give you a ride? Why would I do that? Why are you here! And how’s your boyfriend, you know, the boy you cheated me for?” I completely loose it as I clench my fists and yell at her, not caring if I was attracting attention.

“Ashey, don’t be like this, it’s not what it seemed!” Kena pouted with her full lips, probably fake.

“Don’t you say that; It’s exactly how it looked.” I growled, the pain in my heart now lit with a fiery rage.

“Ashely, you’re mine and always will be. I can’t be replaced, and I can’t be dumped.” She said, her eyes narrowed.

I stared at the girl in pink, looking like a slut showing half her boobs and wearing high pink pumps, she looked like a real Barbie, a total fake.

“Well, get lost and leave Aaliyah alone.” I snarl, rolling my bike back into the trailer and locking it up tight.

She sat there complaining and trying to explain, saying how big of a slut and a whore Aaliyah was. I turned and shoved her as she followed me to the bus’s door.

Tottling on her heels she fell on her but and gawked, looking up at me with tears in her eyes.

“Leave. Me. Alone.” I growl, and storm inside, locking the door as sobbing was heard.

I almost felt bad, but I had to explain to Aaliyah... Although, even I knew that wouldn’t be the last of that freakish Barbie.