Chapter 20 ~ Signing Antics

Ashley

We had another long-ass line of people waiting for their things to be signed. I had on my reflective sunglasses and my cowboy hat that Ali kept stealing when I was talking to a fan or signing something.

I was next to Andy, and I had signed some normal and weird stuff. Challenging CC to a pen trick-contest as we were incredibly bored.

Soon the line had died down after many pictures, thousands of signings, and we were due to leave in 10 minutes.

Aaliyah peeks her head beside me again, my cowboy hat a bit big on her and it fell over her eyes, and she pouted. “Damn hat.”

I laughed and fixed it, kissing her cheek; making her smile.

We had no fans over at the time but many around us taking pictures. “I have an idea…” she sings into my ear.

“What’s that?” I ask looking at her.

“Race, around the whole tent area, and back, without getting caught by fans.” She said.

“I’m in.” CC said overhearing.

“Hey Mr. Gazelle, you in?” I ask.

Andy smiled competitively at CC, Aaliyah and I. “It’s on.”

We all jumped out of the tent, with John saying ‘No!’ but we were going to do it anyway and he knew it. Jinxx and Jake were to say who won, and be the finish and start lines. All the fans backed up for us as us three lined up.

“What does the winner get?” Andy asks.

“Winner gets candybar and ice cream, second gets ice cream, and looser buys everyone ice cream.” Aaliyah said.

“Deal.” I said.

“On your marks….” Jake said.

“Get set…” Jake added.

“Go!” Jake said and we all shot off.

Andy fell behind for some odd reason as Ali and I turned a sharp corner with Andy disappearing behind us.

I glanced at my Bandita and smiled wickedly as we made another turn, surprising fans, with others cheering us on. Even the main stage, whoever was preforming, was in a break and saw us yelling ‘Go Ashley Go!’.

I laughed as I pulled ahead making the last turn back to our tent and Ali screaming out in protest as she tried to catch up.

I had crossed the line with Aaliyah right on my tail.

“Andy first, Ashley second, and Aaliyah last!” Jinxx proclaimed.

“Last, where An-“ She stopped as she say Biersack already back in the tent.

“What took you guys so long?” Andy asked guzzling tour water.

“But… how did you..” I say bending over and breathing hard.

“There wasn’t a clear course; you know there’s a much smaller route…” Andy said with a smirk.

“You… cheater…” Aaliyah panted beside me.

Jake and Jinxx laughed but shrugged. “Ali owes everyone ice cream!”

“Damn it.” She said and straightened up.

“Don’t worry babe, I got it.” I smile and hug her from behind.

We waddle back to the bus behind the guys, Juliet already in there and waiting creepily and snatching Andy up like we were going to take him away. I claimed the couch for Ali and I as the guys turned on The Simpsons: Treehouse of Horrors and we benched out, on our way to the next location.

All was simply… perfect.