Chapter 7 ~ Love At First Sight

Chapter 8 ~ Love At First Sight

When I came out of my haze I became aware of my surroundings and a voice in my ear. Someone was beside me and was dressed in black.

My first thought was it was Kenna, or Ellie who I was sure was with me. But when I looked around I saw we weren’t in the first aid building. The furniture, and carpet were tan, and the person who was still blurred helped me sit up on the tan leather couch. I faced someone else in white.

“Wh-where are we?” I heard Kenna murmur, speaking my mind.

“You’ll be surprised.” Ellie murmured, I could feel her smile.

“What?” I rub my temple as it throbbed; a major headache was going to come soon.

When my vision cleared after a few moments I blinked and turned to see who was beside me and my heart fluttered my stomach summer-saluted again.  Ashley Purdy was on the couch between Kenna and I. CC was on the floor in front of Kenna, sitting with Ellie. The man in white in front of me was Jinxx, Andy and Jake loitered on the other side of the bus looking at us nervously.

“We thought that the air conditioning would help.” Jinxx said looking down at us three.

“And we need to repay you for getting hurt.” Ashley said.

His silky smooth voice said, my heart wouldn’t cease its fluttering as I looked at him.

“That’s kind of you.” Ellie said, looking at her little Step-sister worriedly.

I almost wish I had a sister like Ellie, but then reality caught up with me. We were on the Black Veil Brides tour bus, sitting here with the band.

“Woah, you guys didn’t have to…” I mutter but Ashley cuts me off.

“I insisted, I saw how you guys went down.” He said.

I locked eyes with him and I stared into their beautiful milk chocolate color. Soon I blushed and looked down. Andy was looking at him and me like we were plotting something.  CC had lifted Kenna up and put her on his lap. They looked so cute together although it couldn’t be, I saw Ellie sneak a picture of Kenna with her head on CC’s chest, and his arms around her.

I can see why he wanted to hug her, Kenna was paler than normal, and she looked really dehydrated. Her eyes stayed closed, she was really tired.

“So, you’ll get some free merch guys, and we can take you home.” Andy interrupts the silence.

“Awesome.” I smiled.

“Ellie, you can go home… They can drop me off at Dad and Cathy’s?”

I guessed that Ellie and Kenna hadn’t lived together, she must have moved out and made time for her little sister. Ellie nodded and stooped low and Kenna moved over to hug Ellie, CC was smiling at the little girl who still lay limp on his lap.

“I’ll see you soon, kid.” Ellie said.

“Visit again soon, please?” Kenna whimpered.

The entire band watched the two step sisters, it was almost heart wrenching. Kenna had unshed tears in her eyes. Soon Ellie had ripped herself away and Kenna was soon asleep in CC’s arms little trails of tears down her cheeks.

CC had carried her to his bunk and let her sleep until they were allowed to leave the Warped Bus Grounds. Ashley stayed perched with me and Jake had started up their x-box 360.

“You play Black-Ops?” Jinxx asks sitting on the floor beside CC and Jake sat beside Ashley and I.

“I can beat you’re Black Veil Butts.” I smirked.

“Oh, a challenge!” Ashley eyed me with a playful smile, it made my heart melt.

“You’re on… what’s your name?” Andy looked over at me as he also took a seat on the floor, grabbing a controller covered in batman logo duct tape.

“Aaliyah.” I reply simply.

Ashley eyed me again. “Beautiful name, but now we’re going to beat you.”

“My ass!”

The game commenced, with the teams divided up, I was with Andy, and CC on the Black Ops side. Ashley, Jinxx, and Jake playing on the opposite side.

“Finally, equal teams!” Jake laughed.

The game was set for 10 minutes and I managed to kill Jinxx about 20 times, Jake 5, and Ashley was the easiest to find. He was a camper and camped in the same spots, I lost track after 38.

“Dammit!” Ashley was trying to find me as I sniped on a cliff.

“I see you.” I say creepily.

“Where are you?! What.. I see me too.”

“Screen cheater!” I screeched laughing as he aimed up, trying to hit me.

The game continued with all of us calling each other out and having to save CC multiple times. But in the end, Black Ops won thanks to Andy and I. We all high fived as the others muttered about cheating and other things.

I smirked at Ashley as he eyed me again. It wasn’t nervous anymore, it was like we were all friends, they accepted me so quick. It was too bad I would have to leave soon. It seemed as Ashley had the same thought.

“Are you hungry, like… We can go get food before you know..” Ashley murmured.

“I’m sure Kenna is, and I’m pretty hungry too..” I murmured.

“Alright, I pick the place, you can’t say no.” He said locking eyes with me.

“Ashley…” I murmur looking down. “Fine. I’m sure Kenna over there needs the food, and she loves you guys, so it’ll be a dream come true for her.”

“Then it’s settled!” Ashley smiled.

The boys just shrugged. “Whatever Ash.” Jinxx muttered continuing playing the game without us.

I had expected fast food or something, and I went over to check up on McKenna. I was seemingly almost as protective as Ellie now, even though I barely knew anything about her, she was passed out and a few tears still slid down her cheeks. Frowning I stay with her as the guys play or just talk.

The magical things that happen at Warped Tour.