Chapter 6 ~ Warped Tour, SLC

Aaliyah

I was so thrilled; I slammed the door of my friend’s cheap car, waving to her in thanks and ran with my bag of canned food over to the Skip The Line. A bunch of teens looked a bit pissed as I ran in front of them, but I didn’t care.

I managed to get late tickets to Warped Tour, and I was thrilled. Although I’d been to Warped tours only when I was young, and in Jr High. I would only go to see Sleeping with Sirens, We Came As Romans, and I could have bared to skip, until I learned Black Veil Brides was going. I bought a last minute ticket, and brought canned food we can spare to skip that long-ass line.

Dumping my cans I fixed the straps on my string bag from Warped 2008 and got my wrist band. Walking to let them check my bag with snacks and two cold water bottles, I was let through and bought some sunglasses, and a warped tour bag, along with a schedule. Black Veil Brides was a little late so I ran to go look at the tents.

I bought a Sleeping With Sirens shirt, and a few other bands I didn’t know, like Young London and others that just looked cool, and I’d youtube later. But when I saw the Black Veil Brides feather I ran over to see when the signings were. I sighed as I saw a big fat man, not their manager, sitting behind the tables arguing with a complaining fangirl. His sign stated there was no signings. I sighed and bout a few shirts anyway, wasting a lot of my money, but not caring.

I wish they were doing signings; I would have loved to see the band, and Ashley Purdy, man. It would be like a real fairytale.

I shuffled away, finding We Came As Romans in the ending song of their concert, I sat in the back shade and jumped as they did and enjoyed the music. Soon then just wandering around and listening to anything that was going on.

I drifted from place to place, until I went to get food. It was hot, it was told to be about 100+ degrees today and I was melting in my cowboy boots.  The butt of my black denim jean shorts were a bit dirty, and all the studs were still intact, a black bandana still hung out of my pocket, and my black tank top with “Sleeping with Sirens” printed on it was attracting more sun then I intended.

I sighed and as soon as I got my bare hotdog I sat on the pavement and ate. I looked like a loner, with all the kids’ usually in little groups of 2 or more, I was really the only lone person in the eating area.

Black Veil Brides was preforming on a stage nearby, the main stage, the Kia Soul stage. I couldn’t wait, I was so excited, yet pterodactyls were rampaging in my stomach.  

Soon I stood and made my way over to the Kia Soul stage and guzzled water, walking beside a tall, lanky, skinny girl with long brown hair in a ponytail, and her little sister I supposed who was more plump and looked a lot like her, but her long tresses of brown hair was down and her freckles more obvious, and she had the prettiest blue eyes.

I smiled at the two as they also made their way to the Kia Soul stage, I smiled at the younger looking girl, the one with the blue eyes. She wore a Black Veil Brides tee. I tried to talk to her.

“Hey, you going to see the Black Veil Brides?” I ask her.

“Yeah! I love them,  like a lot.” She smiled at me.

“Who’s your favorite member?” I question with a smile of my own.

“CC. He’s awesome! Who’s yours?” She asks me as her older sister watched her and smiled, but stayed watching protectively.

“Ashley.” I wink.

“He’s awesome, I’m a Purdy Girl. What’s your name? Mine’s Kenna. This is my step-sister Ellie.” She introduces herself and her older sister.

“I’m Aaliyah, it’s nice to meet you guys. Care to watch the concert together?” I ask, feeling like I made a friend.

“Yes, you’re a cool girl! I’d be happy to. Ellie?” She looked over to her sister.

“Yeah, it’ll be fun.” She smiled and we all walked over together.

Kenna kept saying how nervous she was to see her favorite band for the first time. How she couldn’t believe she was here. This was her first rock concert. I smiled at her as we stood in the middle of the crowd. Giant was an understatement.

I stood beside Kenna as Ellie protected her little sister on the other side. “How long have you liked Black Veil Brides?” I ask little Kenna.

“Not long, but I adore them. Their music saved me from cutting, helps my depression and shit, and their personalities. They’re amazing, dedicated guys.” Kenna smiled at me again.

“I agree with you, I haven’t liked them long either.” I said but then we all hushed as we heard something come on over the speakers.

“The kingdom of God is inside you, and all around you. Not in a palace of wood or stone. Split a piece of wood, and God is there. Lift a stone, and you will find God. “

My stomach did a flip. I looked up at the stage, along with everyone else and CC came out and stood on his drum set. I glimpsed Kenna and saw her eyes widen as she saw him. Soon Jinxx, Jake, Andy, and finally Ashley. I stared at him, Kenna stared at Andy.

I stared at his Outlaw tattoo; his aviators reflected all the fans going insane as I Am Bulletproof started up. I couldn’t keep my eyes off of Ashley, although I was into the music I stood still, watching him. I swear he looked up and saw me, his gaze stayed in our direction. I could almost see our reflections in his glasses but he turned to look down at his white bass and play the song.

The magical moment was over.

I joined everyone in fist pumping and the cheering for Black Veil Brides. I turned as I saw quick movement in the crowd right beside our threesome and saw someone was starting a fight, people were backing up quickly and they trampled Kenna.

I helped Kenna up, she looked shaken and she lifted her right leg off the ground and yelped in pain, tears filling her eyes but not ruining her warpaint. I turn to shove the guy for trampling her but his fist somehow collided with my face.

I saw the sky next, I realized I was moving, and it was all a blur. I was being moved by security guards through the crowd as I heard Rebel Yell being played faintly. Everything seemed in slow motion. I saw Kenna beside me and Ellie was fussing over her step-sister as she and I were lifted over the barrier into new guard’s hands, Ellie helped over also. I looked up at the stage.

Andy was kneeling down to hold Kenna’s hand for a minute, looking sad at her bruises forming and her being now thoroughly dusted in dirt and grit. Me probably being the same with a black eye forming. Ashley kneeled down also, looking down at me, his aviators low on his nose as his eyes looked into mine. He reached out to me but I was rushed away too fast and didn’t get to make contact, and then it all went black.

Another magical moment ruined. 

Author's Note

**Another chapter! 3 updates in one night just because I love you guys that keep voting and reading on, leaving those supportive comments, I love you guys! Keep it up and this book will be updated I promise! Just bare with us haha. 

I'm happy your enjoying it!

Just thought i'd say that this experiance at WT UT was my experiance, of course, Kenna and Ellie are me and my older stepsister -she took me for my birthday :3 - but no I didn't get trampled, no i didn't really meet a girl named Aaliyah, no Andy did not touch me, yes they didn't do signings. just thought i'd clerify. ;) 

\m/ Rock On everyone!