Chapter 12 ~ The Interview

Aaliyah

I was rocking out with Black Veil Brides, standing only a few feet behind CC as he slammed on his drums, I was watching from the back, people could see me and a few stared at me. I had to wear earplugs to keep from going dead but it was fine by me; I could still hear the music loud and clear. This was a lot better than my last Black Veil Brides Warped Tour experience.

I head banged listening to the whole thing and Ashley kept looking back to check on me. I was having a great time, and I couldn’t believe I was here for the rest of the tour. I had never gone out of state and it was an amazing feeling, being free.

Soon the performance was over and Ashley had rushed back to me, putting a sweaty arm around my waist leading me off stage as everyone cheered and began to leave.

Almost immediately we were greeted with more tour managers, John the BVB manager, and interviewers. The band was split up, pulled to different places for interviews and things, including Ashley; but I was brought along.

He and CC were being told to go with a magazine interview and I got to feature in it. I sat there stiff and nervous as we were pulled into a room and sat on a couch. I bit my lip ring nervously.

Ashley sensed my tenseness and hugged me. “It’ll be alright just answer the questions if they ask any or want your input.”

I nodded stiffly and waited for the interview to commence.

“Hello and welcome to Rolling Stone Magazine Online! We’re here with CC and Ashley of Black Veil Brides with a special guest! Ashley, care to introduce her?” The lady with the wild red hair says.

Ashley looked at me and spoke into the mic being held in front of his face. “This is Aaliyah Monroe; she’s staying with the band for warped tour and possibly longer.”

“Aaliyah, that’s such a pretty name. Are you guys dating?” She asks me, holding the mic up to me.

My eyes widen and a flush come to my cheeks as everyone looks at me. I think a moment and look at Ashley, who smiled slightly as he was my gaze on him.

“Yeah, we are.” I say simply as Ashley grins and hugs me again.

“That’s great to hear! Now all of Black Veil Brides is taken, watch out ladies!” The girl said with a little too much enthusiasm.

“Yep, she’s my Purdy Girl.” Ashley smiled at me and nuzzled my neck.

I couldn’t stop smiling as the interview went on, with Ashley being very intelligent and answering all the other questions about Wretched and Divine and other things going on. I was in my own la-la land as I thought happily that I was Ashley’s Girl.

I was so lucky; I couldn’t have a better feeling in the world.

~

It had been a long day, Ashley and I were going back to the bus, crossing the lot he stopped me before we neared the bus he pressed me up against another.

“So about the interview earlier…” Ashley says.

I look down immediately, my heart stopping, my stomach dropped.

“Yeah..?” I say.

“Did you mean what you said? Do you want us to be a couple?” Ashley said, tilting my chin up.

I stared up into his beautiful chocolate brown eyes, we sat in silence, like time had stopped and we stayed in this perfect moment.

I felt a smile tugging at the side of my mouth and I nodded. “I would love it if we would be a couple.”

Ashley smiled too, causing me to fully smile and he hugged me.

“I’ll make it better than that, Aaliyah. I would love you to be my Purdy Girl.

I nodded simply and walked to the bus with him. I thought simply that we were a bit crazy, we hadn’t known each other for very long, but all that time on the bus had really affected us and I knew I was in love.

I only had hoped that he wouldn’t be the player people had made him out to be, and that I could tame this wild outlaw.