Chapter 32 ~ Soon

Chapter 32 ~ Soon

Ashley

“But Ashley you can’t…”

“Please Ali, stop fussing about me, it’ll be a few minutes and I won’t get mobbed.”

“It’s just a craving, is the mall really necessary, you don’t have to Outlaw…”

“Stop protesting.” I say folding my arms and looking at my Bandita. “I’m going to go get you a giant cinnamon and sugar soft pretzel because you can only get those in the mall at pretzel maker!”

Aaliyah sighed. “Fine, fine Ashley thank you. But be safe and make sure you don’t accidentally make the employees mad. I don’t want spit covered pretzel.”

I smile a little bit “I’ll try.” I say and kiss her head, leaving her on the couch with Andy and CC on either side of her.

Jinx looked up from the both and winked at me as I turned away from her and I winked back. We were in London now, our last tour stop before our Halloween show in south Florida. I beamed as I waked off the bus into a random big mall in front of me. I put on a snapback  and a hoodie, covering my tattoos and keeping my hair back so fans within the hot topic or spread out other ways wouldn't recognize me. 

I loved fans but this simple mall trip was truly mission impossible, I had to run to every ring place in that mall and find the perfect one for Aaliyah. With my debit card at the ready I ran into the mall in search of the one that would wow her. 

~

Store after store I had begun to loose hope of finding the one that would click. I reached one last custom diamond ring store, walking in I look around and look in the cases as a small man in a crisp clover green suit that didn't look good on him, came out from the back and watched me look. 

None of the rings looked good enough for my bandita, I wanted one that would look fantastic, make her smile not go away whenever she looked at it, I wanted it to be almost as beautiful as she. 

Then I walked over to the last case in the corner of the store, a black diamond case I see a perfect ring. The diamond stated it was 'princess cut' whatever that meant, and stood out in the center of the black iron it was clasped to. Smaller black and white diamonds in sets of four spread out to its side and around two medium size white diamonds. It was stunning in the light and it was also paired with a black diamond encrusted wedding band. 

"How much for this one..." I whisper the dazzling sparkle of the ring taking my breath away.

"Three thousand or better offer." The man says in a gravely, not very smooth voice. 

I look up at the man and bite my lip, I had exactly that much, and I couldn't waste every bit of this on a ring, I put on my poker face and rolled my eyes, acting as though I wasn't interested. 

"That is way too much of a price for a ring like that, I had better go back to another store I saw with a ring almost exactly like this for much cheaper and more dazzle than this one." I say nonchalantly, my voice non-caring. 

The man stiffened. "You cannot find another ring like this! No diamonds can compare to the sparkle this one has! How much was this other ring?" he says, fuming not at me but at the other made-up store.

"Oh, they said it was only two thousand but the talked down to one thousand eight-hundred, maybe I should just go back there and-"

"I can match that! Or beat that price!" The man says not letting me finish.

I crack a minuscule smile and return to my poker face looking at the man. "What would you say the price is if you can beat it?"

"One-thousand seven-hundred!" He says looking at me, "Take it or leave it!"

I shrug and shake the man's hand. "It's a deal, give me this one, I"m sure I don't need measurements done, her hands are small anyway."

The man beams and reveals yellowing teeth that made me cringe, he grabs the ring and puts it in a black velvet box walking to the register with me and ringing me up. I went from three thousand dollars to less than half of that, I must be pretty persuasive and not know it. Now if I could persuade Aaliyah to marry me, that would be amazing.

After I got the ring and hid it in my pocket with a hand on it at all times, I ran down to the food court to finally get Aaliyah's giant soft pretzel, a soft smile on my face all the while.