Chapter 18 ~ Put to the Test

• Dedicated to My Sister Ellie (:

Chapter 18 ~ Put To The Test

“More please!” CC said in a baby voice as everyone was in the living room or booth to eat.

“Coming up CC, Ashley?” I asked, flipping a chocolate chip pancake.

“Sure.” Ashley said.

Andy wasn’t eating his pancake, just sitting there tearing it up with his fork. His excuse was a sour stomach and Juliet’s coming was making him nervous. To me though it was obvious, he was still lost in that moment.

Ashley and I had tried our reset button, although I pulled off my fake act I was like Andy, stuck in that moment.

I sighed as I looked outside the tinted windows, parked out in the parking lot; I imagined a car just pulling up. My heart stopped as the guilt ran over me like a tidal wave. I cowered back to Ashley who sat in the booth across from CC and Jinx. I cuddled into his chest as they ate and talked about the concerts they expect.

“Hey you okay?” Ashley says, hugging me tighter as he senses my stiffness.

“Yeah, just tired ya know.” Ashley nods and tried to restrain his anger as I see him beginning to silently whisper lyrics.

“It’ll be fine. I’m just going to go to bed. Someone wake me when you are about to go?” I ask weakly, getting up and Ashley looked at me worriedly, the band looked up at me and nodded.

“Yeah, and you’ll get to meet Juliet.” Ashley said.

I nodded and forced a convincing smile at him, he bought it and I walked back to Ashley’s bunk and curled up under his plush Hello Kitty blanket. My stomach fluttered nervously thinking I was to meet Juliet, and I hoped that everyone would be silent about that wretched dare. Only Andy and I knew what really was felt and I knew I would be making a dangerous enemy if she found out.

I couldn’t really sleep and I overheard a conversation.

“Ashley, you’re not mad about what happened?” I heard Andy’s croaked voice.

“No man, it was a dare. It didn’t mean anything brother.” Ashley said. “Right?”

I could tell Andy nodded. “Yeah, I was just worried you would hate me.”

“No, I can’t hate you Biersack.” Ashley said.

“But we’re not telling Juliet about this.” CC asked.

“Yeah, she might get really offended. Don’t tell her, alright? It-it meant nothing. Just a dare.” Andy said, not convincing me, but the guys seemed to not notice the conflicted tone in his voice.

I played with my long hair and acted asleep as I heard the bus door open and a familiar voice. “Andy!”

“Dragonfly!” Andy said with fake enthusiasm and I peek my head out of the curtain.

They were hugging, Juliet’s back to me, Andy looked up and saw me, he and I had eye contact for a full minute until I climbed back into the bunk and realized tears were building in my eyes.

It hurt to see that…

I was disappointed in myself, thinking about Andy over my Ashley, my Outlaw. I got out of the bed, sneaking to the bathroom to brush out my hair and walking out again as they guys were talking to Juliet.

Ashley noticed me first and smiled, standing up to greet me he hugged me tight. I smiled contentedly and looked over at the other couple. “Hey, Juliet right?”

Juliet nodded and smiled. “I hear you’re Ashley’s girl… uhm Annabelle?”

I tried to restrain from rolling my eyes and smiled pleasantly. “It’s Aaliyah.”