Part 3: Prologue

"Are you sure this is the fastest way?" I groaned as I struggled to lead Sirdal up the craggy rocks ahead of us. Caledorn shook his head.

   "It's the fastest if you don't want to end up skewered by an Orc," he countered, the slightest hint of annoyance in his tone.

   I rolled my eyes. "Elves are stubborn creatures... But I'm sure you know that well enough," I whispered to Sirdal as I patted her mane. In response she whinnied.

   "I heard that," Caledorn's voice echoed through the pass. 

   "You hear everything pointy-ears," I grumbled.

    "I heard that too!" The elf was beginning to annoy me. We had been journeying together for little more than three days, and already his stubborn and overly commanding demeanor was getting on my nerves. 

   I ignored him and focused on the task at hand. We had a long journey ahead. The Emyn Muil, the rocky land that we were now traveling through, was but the first of many hardships we'd encounter. We planned to travel south into Harad, and enlist the aid of any Haradrim who were willing. From there we'd move northeast into Khand, and hopefully we'd reach Rhun within two months. It would be a trying quest, but if we succeeded we'd have a better chance at taking my tribe once and for all. 

   Even still I was uncertain of whether I even wanted to rule. But I had made my choice, and I would stand by it. Even to the end.