Primogenial Link

(Y/N) stretched and yawned as she sat up on the luxurious bed and sleepily looked around. Her captor was nowhere in sight and that offered the poor harrowed girl some measure of peace. 'Thank god...I do not think that I could have brought myself to be nice to him this early in the morning.' She thought to herself as she got off the plush bedding and lethargically moved towards the washroom to clean up a little. The plan for a quick brush soon melted away in favour of a long, relaxing bath, and for some time, (Y/N) could pretend all was well in her world.

That illusion was shattered by a sharp knock on the bathroom door. " (Y/N" Kyoya called out. " Yes?" She replied, albeit a little reluctantly. " Wear something suitable for riding purposes today." (Y/N) did not bother to reply to that request, or rather, demand, but simply chose to drag herself from the bath and dress according to her captor's wishes. ' God knows what he will do if I don't comply. But, soon...I WILL leave' She reassured herself while looking for an outfit fitting Kyoya's description in her walk in closet, and after she was suitably dressed she took a deep breath, and walked outside to meet Kyoya's scrutinizing gaze. " I am pleased that you chose not to defy me for once...you look splendid, by the way." he said as he stood up and (Y/N) gave him a cursory glance. His clothes consisted of boots, dark coloured breeches and a long sleeved white shirt with riding gloves on and he held an extra pair which he handed to (Y/N). ' He looks good.....wait! Stop! He is the enemy!' she chided herself as she slipped on the offered gloves and allowed herself to be led away by Kyoya once again

More attempts were made to actively look for routes to freedom, but (Y/N) came up empty handed, much to her chagrin. Up until now, her plan was pretty straightforward, but vague all the same. Get Kyoya to trust her, get sufficient information regarding her location and all the measures to keep her here, and then, when the time was right, run. She was not sure as to how to get him to trust her, OR pry out details, because (Y/N) was the straightforward type and had trouble being secretive. " Love? You listening?" said Kyoya and (Y/N) snapped out of her camaraderie and impulsively lied. After all, it would not do to let him know what she was really onto, would it? "Yes, of course I was listening." she played at a slightly offended, fully bored tone. He searched her face for a few seconds and stated " Very good. Now the truth, please." He stopped and (Y/N) took in the scene. It had been so long in his black and white house, she had some difficulty adjusting to the colours she had been exposed to so suddenly. It felt a little surreal to be honest.

They were in a field of lush green grass spreading out as far as the eye could see and the beginnings of a forest could be spied in her periphery , and (Y/N) also deduced the presence of a stable some distance away, its warm tones a stark contrast to everything around it, including the light blue sky with slight dusting of clouds here and there, an omen towards a cloudy day. She turned to Kyoya , refusing to admit her ignorance. After waiting for a few seconds, he sighed. " Won't back down, will you? Very well, I shall repeat myself and listen well this time. I want you to know more about your new home and in order to achieve that objective, I intend to take you on a tour of the grounds." That got (Y/N)'s attention real quick. It was like divine providence had finally listened to her and was working out everything for her! " Fine." she mumbled. " Cool your heels for a while, I will be back in a moment." he said before walking right into the stable and out of (Y/N)'s gaze.

(Y/N) weighed he option of disappearing into the forest she had seen, but decided against it. Who knows what all would be in the forest, plus, her lack of survival skills in the wild combined with her ignorance of the layout of the forest would certainly work against her. So she waited, but did not have to spend much time idling away as Kyoya re emerged from the stable, the reins of 2 horses in his hands. One of them appeared to be a proud stallion of a shade as black as Kyoya's eyes, its mane majestically falling over one side, head seemingly raised in a fasion befitting royals and kings. Next to him was a mare grey in colour. She seemed demure, her pace more eased up than the stallion's, moving languidly, as if without care in the world. Both of the horses and Kyoya soon reached (Y/N) and he handed the reins of the grey mare to her. " There, she is your. I thought it would be better if you named her." (Y/N) pondered over this for a moment before settling on a name. " Esperanza." she resolutely stated.