|22.|

Well, I guess I already found my replacement prom date. Yep, it's my best friend. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't attend an event that's the best day ever in my life. Proms aren't really my thing, but since it's my last year, I might as well enjoy it.

As Michael and I walked in science class, Luke was sitting in Michael's seat, not to mention putting his foot on his desk. This caused Michael to cringe as he grabbed my arm and walked over to sit on the empty seats at the far right corner. Once the bell rings, everyone was settled as the substitute teacher was giving out a worksheet to everyone. Since the sub allows everyone to work in partners, Michael and I obviously found each other. However, things become worse when Luke came around.

"Hey babe, we're working together are we?" He asked.

"Don't 'babe' me." I replied with a hint of anger, "We're no longer partners. I'm done with your crap."

"Leave her alone, Luke." Michael added.

Luke scoffed before grabbing Michael by the collar of his shirt. This immediately alerted the sub teacher, and everyone in science class was watching.

"Hey! Young man, put him down now!" She spoke.

"Let Michael go Luke." I commanded.

Eventually, he obliged, throwing him to the ground like a piece of paper and left the classroom. As the sub was writing down notes and everything continued working, I helped Michael up while he's in the process of groaning in pain.

"Are you okay Mikey?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm alright." He replied, rubbing his forehead.

"Do you need to go to the nurse?" I asked, "Seems like you need an ice pack."

"No I'll be fine." Michael said.

~
~

*Luke's POV*

Damn what have I done? Whatever I did must've pissed Ella off. All I did was asking her if we're working as partners and Michael had to interfere with us. Eh, I'm just trying to have myself more fun with teasing her. Guessed I took it too far.

I decided to go outside to smoke a cigarette. So I grabbed a pack of cigarettes to take one from my jean pocket along with the lighter. I set it in between my lips before flicking the lighter on igniting the cigarette. As soon as I blow out smoke, Julia comes by from around the corner, walking towards me. She took the cigarette I was holding and put it in between her lips before blowing a puff of smoke and leaning against the wall.

"So, what are you doing here outside?" Julia asked.

"Just getting some air." I replied, "Stressful day."

"Aw want me to relieve that?"

"No thanks. Not in the mood."

"Why? Is Ella in the way of our relationship?" She blurted out. Does she hate her or something?

"Maybe, maybe not." I replied, smirking, blowing another puff of smoke after taking in the carcinogen and nicotine.

"Speaking of Ella, I heard that she's dating Michael." Julia said.

"Oh, is that so?" I asked.

She nodded. So this is why she stood at Michael's side during science class, aside the fact that they're best friends. So I guess Michael and Ella started out as friends with benefits. I'd be damned if he tried to do anything bad her.

*End of POV*