|24.|

*The next day*

So today's the day.

The day of prom, not to mention my last year here before I leave. However last day of school is not today, but next month. I always wonder why on a prom day is not the last day of school. Why can it be today? I don't know, I like it and hate it at the same time.

~
~

Once I finished taking a shower, I decided to blow dry my hair before putting on my prom dress. It's a good thing it's not as all out like I just came out of a fairy tale. Otherwise, my night would be so cliche it'll be like Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, and other Disney movies. Not that I hate them, I just want it to be a good night.

I began to brush my hair and put my hair back as I began to put on my earrings and leave my hair naturally straight. Since I wasn't the type of person who would put makeup, I decided to try it myself. I have put on makeup on a several occasion, but never used it every day. I decided to do my apply black eyeshadow before applying eyeliner to make a wing and mascara for my eyelashes, and other beauty products for my eyes. For the first time, I didn't mess it up. Usually, I would mess up the eye part because it would suck trying to make it perfect. After that, I put on the dress, slipped on my wedges, and wear my corsage around my wrist. Once I'm completely dressed up, I put on deodorant along with my body spray. I went to the bathroom to carefully put on my contacts before checking myself at the mirror.

As soon as I heard a knock on the door followed by a greeting downstairs and the closing of the door, I quickly went downstairs with my purse that have my needs: my prom ticket, Chapstick just in case my lips are dry, my keys, and my phone. On my way downstairs, I saw a well dressed Michael in a black button up shirt, black jeans, and black combat boots. Of course, his outfit is always black like every freaking occasion ever!

"Hey Ella." He spoke, giving me a smile, "You're look amazing."

"Wow hun, you look like a young woman." My mum added, then took her phone out of her pocket, "Ok, let's have a picture of you two."

Michael and I stepped close to each other, with his arm around my shoulder and my arm around his waist. Both of us were smiling as I hear the camera snap. Since she decided to take another picture due to the last one blurry, we're in the same pose. After pictures, Michael and I both left the house, saying goodbye to my mum in the process, my arm hooked to his arm.

~
~

When we arrived at high school, every girl was in awe. Not just because of how Michael and I came to be, but because I looked different. Even Maddie and Katelyn are shocked about my outfit, not sure if it's in a good way or bad way. However, Julia was just sitting on the table with Luke. Everyone started complementing on my outfit, Lexi and Calum included. Surprisingly, Camilla is at the table with Calum and Lexi.

While the music was blasting and everyone was on the dance floor either casually dancing or grinding on each other, Calum, Lexi, Michael and I were posing for prom pictures. Everyone was eating and drinking and making out in the corners as the fun continues. Apparently, Camilla pulled Michael to talk to him. So, before he left, he gave me a peck on the cheek before leaving to go to somewhere in sight here at the cafeteria. As time comes by, the dj lowers the music down to announce the prom king and queen.

He cleared his throat before speaking, "Alright ladies and gents, it's time to announce who will be crowned prom king and who will be crowned prom queen."

Everyone was shivering in anticipation with their mouths dropped open as he was about to list the nominees for prom king first.

"Here are the nominees for prom king." He pulls out the paper and began to list the names, most of the names don't sound familiar to me.

Few names later, the dj finally announced, "Michael Clifford.", which causes Michael to run in saying, "Hell yeah!" While the spotlight shines on him and everyone was looking at him weirdly. Calum's name was also announced by the dj, which Calum was simply smiling like he just saw a million puppies. And then, Luke's name was announced. I don't know why, but I don't see him as prom king.

Once he announced all the names, he paused for a moment before speaking, "And the guy who's gonna be crowned prom king goes to...." He opened the envelope with has the name of the announced prom king. Everyone was on their edge of their seats as the dj was fumbling on the paper. Once he opened it up, he said that the prom king is, "Luke Hemmings."

Everyone was applauding as Luke came out of his seat and went up to the center of the cafeteria, where a random girl was there with the king crown. Luke got down to her height before placing the crown on him. while he's standing there, the dj pulled out another piece of paper with the names of the girls that are up for prom queen.

"And here are the nominees for prom queen."

As always, he went through the list of girls we don't know about. When Lexi's name was called, the spotlight shines on her as people were clapping. Couple names later, my name is called and the spotlight shines on me, which blinded me for a hot minute. Wait, me? How? Then another couple names later, Julia's name was called as she was cheering on herself and the spotlight shines on her and just gloats there. Of course she's nominated for prom queen, like every year. And she won twice, she might win for the third time and I'm just gonna leave.

"And the girl who's gonna be crowned prom queen who's gonna be..." As always the dj fumbles the envelope and the paper once it's opened. Then he announced the girl that will be crowned prom queen once he opened the paper, "Ella Irwin."

My eyes grew wide and my jaw dropped when I heard my name. But how? To be honest I don't deserve it because I'm not that attractive to others, but I'm really flattered and I should have the honor to do it. The awkward part is standing next to the the prom king, A.K.A my ex.

I got up from my seat and walked over to the center with the same girl, but holding a queen crown. She placed a crown on my head before I smiled like an idiot. Julia was livid when she saw me as prom queen and the fact that I'm standing next to Luke. Since she can't see anymore of this, she just storms out of the building.

"And here we have it, prom king and queen!" The dj said, "Now let's continue the jam!" With that, he turned up the music.

As soon as I was about to head to my seat, I felt a hand grabbing my arm and dragged me to the wall by the windows.

"What do you want Luke?" I asked skeptically, "Just because you're prom king, doesn't mean you should enjoy the night with me."

"Look, I'm sorry I fucked up everything." Luke said, "I'm very sorry. I'd hate to be alone without you because losing you is the last thing I would ever do, and I don't want that. I always loved you, and you mean more a lot to me than Julia and the others because you're special. I miss you, Ella."

With those words, my heart sank. I don't know what else I can say. However, how can I tell if he's not lying?

"How you would prove it?" I asked swiftly, "How can I tell if you're not lying?"

"Like this." With that by surprise, he cupped my cheeks and pulled me in for a kiss. A passionate kiss. Before I could pull away, I felt a spark reigniting, which I haven't felt it in a while. I actually missed him. The memories of us haven't died out.

"Alright I forgive you." I spoke, "I'm all yours, just don't go out with another girl."

"I won't." He replied, "Now c'mon, let's ditch this place." He pulled out his hand.

I nodded as I took him by the hand and flee the high school. Before that, during the slow dance that every couple is doing, I let Michael know that I'm leaving with Luke, which he's now perfectly fine with me and Luke. I wouldn't say he's just a regular bad boy in town and school, he's my bad boy.