|21.|

As I continued sobbing, Michael hugged me close, making me leave a big wet spot on his shirt. I can't believe that just happened. I felt that's so unreal, and I believe it. Sadly, it's coming to life. The fact that she kissed him right on the cheek and smiled at her. Julia and the rest of the girls, even Michael's girlfriend, soon ex, was witnessing it. Both of us were in pain. Talk about double whammy.

"I always knew, Ella." Michael began, "I always knew Luke will eventually leave you just like what he did to other girls, but then again, you love him just as he loves you. The worst part is seeing you being sad, and I don't like that."

I wiped my tears away and I looked up at him, "I can say the same thing. I don't want to see you sad and I really didn't like how Camilla acted. Not to mention, we're both humiliated by her and the Popular Princesses. I bet that scene was posted on Maddie's blog."

"Yeah probably." Michael said, "But don't worry about that. Besides, we're capable of handling it without the two."

I nodded as we shared a hug before standing up and heading out of the janitor's closet. Thankfully we were escorted by security as passes to social studies.

~
~

When lunch came around, Michael, Calum, Lexi and I sat on the table, lunches in both Calum and Lexi's hands. I saw Luke and Julia hand in hand in another table with the girls, even Camilla was there. I guess she became part of them. To seal the deal, Julia and Luke share a make out session. Me and Michael were disgusted, but didn't bother to look at them.

"What just happened over there?" Calum asked, confused.

"I guess Luke cheated on Ella." Lexi replied.

"Oh. And is that Camilla hanging out with those girls?"

"Yep."

"Please don't talk about it." Michael and I said sternly.

"Why? I can understand why Ella is upset, but why are you too, Michael?"

"Because it was all a set up made by the Popular Princesses, and she actually listened to them. The set up was to have her break up with me so Julia can have the chance to get to Luke." He replied.

"Well since prom is coming up, it's most likely they're gonna show up as what a prime example of a hooker and a fuckboy." Calum said, putting a chunk of his salad in his mouth with a fork.

"So why don't you guys go to prom as a couple?" Lexi added.

Me and Michael? As a couple? I don't really know about that. I mean, we're best friends, although we once kissed, but that's besides the point. A lot of people, even Lexi and Calum think that we should be a couple. The thought of it, just feels weird. It's nothing wrong with dating my best friend since I knew him long enough and he is very loyal and ambitious. It's the fact that we're gonna show up at prom as a couple and then there's gonna be drama, and not to mention, Julia is gonna boast right in my face while Luke is either simply gonna move on to a different girl once he hooked up with her or deciding to probably start a physical fight with Michael because he's gonna think that I'm dating him. Also, Camilla may be hurt inside if she later finds out that I'm dating him.

"Why should we be doing that?" I asked.

"They should be thinking that you guys are dating, and to top it off, do a better make out session than Julia and Luke." Lexi replied then look at Michael, "Michael, you got to put your lips to work and show that you're a better kisser than Ella. That way, he'll walk back home jealous and then move to another girl who he can fuck."

"That would work, but that's like jumping to a new relationship." Calum stated, "They just both broke up with their girlfriend/boyfriend. Let them take things slow before progressing."

"You know what Lexi, that could work." Michael said, smirking.

"Wait what?" I asked as my eyes widen, confused.

"We may be best friends, Ella, but please be my prom date, just for that occasion? Pretty please?" He asked, giving me a puppy dog expression.

I took a deep breath as I get things processed in my head, "Alright fine, but just only for prom." I replied.

"Yay!" He said cheerfully, hugging me and kissing me on the cheek. I awkwardly hugged back, but shared the love and friendship. Damn it, he's rushing in. I guess he really can't wait for prom.