|14.|

I started thinking for a moment that would happen, but he loves me and he wouldn't do anything that would break my heart. Would he? I don't know. Now that I'm dating Luke, there's a lot of things I gotta worry about. Like my grades, my parents, my best friends, Luke, and that's it.

~
~

After school, Luke and I went downstairs to the first floor and went outside of the school. I noticed Julia standing in front of us with two invitation cards.

"Hey lovebirds! Congrats on being a couple!" She said with joy, handing me the invitation and handing Luke the other one that's the same, "Why don't you guys come at my party at 7?"

I was never invited to Julia's party for three reasons: she hates me, she doesn't want nerds like me in her party, and I don't like parties, which people would end up being drunk and hungover and even getting laid. It just grossed me out. Also, why is she being nice to me? She wasn't like this throughout the years in high school. Weird.

"We'll be there!" Luke replied enthusiastically, taking the invitation. I did the same and nod, taking the invitation. I can hear her mumble "Yes!" as we started walking. "So, you coming?" He asked.

"I can't. I'm not really into parties, well, except birthday parties." I replied.

"Oh c'mon It'll be fun. Just loosen up and live a little." Luke said nonchalantly, "Please?" He gives me the puppy dog face, which always get me every time.

I sighed, "Fine."

"Yay!" He said, kissing my cheek. "Want me to take you home?"

"No thanks I'll just walk home," I replied, "But I'll see you later."

He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me towards him. I went on my tippy toes to give a peck on the lips and walked away. As soon as I took another step, Michael came out of nowhere and walked with me.

"What are you doing out here?!" I scowled.

"Just listening to you and Luke's conversation." Michael replied.

"What are you? Some kind of spy?"

"No." He mumbled, "Look, I just wanna apologize."

I simply ignored him and picked up my pace.

"Look," He starts, making me stop and turned around to face him, "I'm sorry about what happened during lunch. I got a little overprotective and I just want you to be okay. I know how much you love Luke to bits and I knew I should've let it go. I just hope you'll forgive me and you'll be my best friend again."

"Michael, I didn't say we're never gonna be best friends." I said, giggling. "And yes, I forgive you. And I'm sorry for back-slapping you."

"It's okay I kinda deserve that." He replied, scratching the back of his neck as we started walking. "So are you gonna be busy tonight? Cuz if not, maybe we can hang out at my place."

"Sadly, yes." I replied, "I was invited to go to Julia's party. Luke's invited as well and he wanted me to go, thanks to his puppy dog face."

"Oh, okay. I'll see you tomorrow." Michael said as we arrived at my house. I gave him a hug before saying goodbye to him and entering my home. Good thing I have no homework today.

I hung my backpack at the hook rack and went upstairs to my room. I texted Lexi to come here for some fashion advice cuz.... I don't wanna come to the party dressed up like a schoolgirl like I am right now. She should be here in like 5 minutes.

I started looking at my closet that's full of band shirts, skinny jeans, sneakers that I never wore, a pair of combat boots that I haven't wore since Sophomore year, dresses, and much much more. Then I look back at the pictures of me, Michael, and my best friends who are nerds like me at the wall and the awards and certificates from Elementary and Middle school that I achieved. I don't know if I should change my ways just a little bit to impress Luke. I mean, if I become like a mixture of a bad ass rebel and a mysterious girl, maybe he'll like me more. I don't know it's so complicated.

Suddenly, I heard a knock on the door. I quickly went downstairs, almost stumbled to the door, and opened it. Lexi greeted me hi and immediately went inside without hesitation.

"I see you needed fashion advice." She said as she went upstairs to my room.

"Yeah." I mumbled, following her. "I'm going to Julia's party and I need your help to prepare on what I wanna wear."

Lexi studied my wardrobe, going through my clothes and picking an outfit for me to wear. She shook her head as she started throwing my dresses and preppy shirts to the ground. Several clothes later, she pulled out my skinny jeans, black combat boots, a Pierce The Veil shirt that I barely wore, and a black flannel. She put them on my bed and I give her a weird look.

"Uh, I'm wearing that?" I asked, pointing at my outfit on my bed.

"Hey, if you wanna go to the party, you gotta lose the schoolgirl outfit and be wild. You also gotta start wearing contacts instead of glasses." She replied, "And I'll help you to enhance your face with a dash of makeup and do your hair."

"Um okay." Was all I said.

~
~

After 2 hours of us in boredom and me eating dinner, I took a shower. About 20 minutes later, I got out of the shower and wrapped my towel around my body and put on my underwear. I carefully put on my contacts before entering my room, taking off my towel and putting on my bra and my outfit.

"Okay you can come in!" I yelled.

Lexi came in my room and opened my makeup kit. While my hair is drying up, I sat on the chair by the vanity and pushed my hair back. She applied foundation and blush on my forehead and cheeks, eyeliner and mascara on my eye area and eyelashes, and to top it off, she applied red lipstick on my lips. Once she's done, I glanced at the mirror and saw a reflection of myself. I gotta admit, Lexi did a great job. She grabbed my brush from the vanity and started brushing my hair. After that, she brushed my bangs back and gathered it and then secure it with a clip. Wow, just a simple hair style that I could've done it myself.

"Thanks for everything Lex." I said as I got up, putting my phone in my shoulder purse.

"No prob Ells." She replied, "Door will knock in 3, 2, 1." As soon as she said one, I heard a knock on the door. While Lexi got out through the window and slowly climbed down to the ground, I quickly went downstairs with the shoulder purse on my shoulder and opened the door to see Luke leaning against the doorway, a smirk forming on his lips.

"Ooh la la." He said, looking at me from head to toe.

"I see you noticed something." I said with a giggle.

Luke nodded simply, kissing me. "Now come on, let's go." He took my hand as I shut the door and we started walking.