The Park

Tony P.O.V.
     After sending the babysitter away, Senior decided that he wanted to take Tali to the park. Ziva and I decided that that would be a good idea, so we got Tali all ready to go. Senior was overjoyed to be able to spend time with his granddaughter, and I could already tell that Tali would have him wrapped around her finger in no time; Tali's big, brown eyes had that effect on people. I should know, her mother has the same effect on me. Ziva and I kissed Tali goodbye and she gave us a little giggle. She is too cute! We made sure that Senior knew to call us if anything was wrong.

He said he would be fine, after all he raised a pretty, fine son, didn't he? Senior always had those witty responses up his sleeve, even at a time like this. Senior has a weakness and its that he doesn't like to feel vulnerable. He thinks he never needs any help, but this time is different. Senior walks out the door and Ziva immediately asks the question, " Do you think he'll be okay?"

" Ziva, I don't know. I'm scared. Senior never gets sick. When McGee's father had cancer, he died.... And I just don't think I'm ready for Senior to go", these words somehow escape my mouth and I cry. McGee barely had a relationship with his father, and mine wasn't much better, but the man I've come to know over the years is actually so genuine and a lot like me. We both have the Dinozzo charm and Senior has so much more he has to tell me.

Ring! Ring! I can hear the phone and I can't compose myself enough to answer the call. Ziva goes over and brings the receiver slowly to her ear, making sure to keep her eyes on me at all times.

"Hello? Yes. What happened? Is he okay? Is my baby okay? Where are you? We are on our way!", Ziva yells as she hangs up the phone quickly. I'm on my feet with keys in hand before Ziva gets her coat on.

"Ziva, what happened?", I ask once we get in the car.

"Your father fainted at the park and they said he didn't have the baby when they found him." , Ziva says as she reaches for my hand and grips it with so much strength that my hand turns white.