Heading Home

McGee P.O.V.

Abby and the twins get be released from the hospital today. I'm just finishing up the last bits of paperwork when Gibbs walks up behind me and asks me if I'm ready to go home. HOME. Man, it seems like it's been forever since we've been home. It has been FOREVER since we've been home, almost 10 1/2 months to be exact. I just can't believe we finally get to be a family and come home... I wonder what Tony and Ziva have been up to since we've been gone.

I grab Abby's wheelchair and wheel her to the car as she holds our daughter, Kelly and Gibbs holds little Timmy. I grab Kelly from Abby and buckle her in, as Gibbs buckles in Timothy. Abby stands up and climbs in the car and sits right in between the twins. Gibbs climbs in the passenger seat and we start our drive home.

"So Gibbs whats been going on since we've been gone? How's Ziva? Tony?", Abby asks, careful not to wake the twins. Gibbs sighs heavily and shakes his head. He looks like he's trying to find a way to say what he wants to say. He just can't find the right way to say it. "Boss?" , I say bringing Gibbs back to reality.

"Well um... Um well...",he stutters.

"Boss you know you can tell us anything.", I say reassuringly. "Yea. Gibbs, whats wrong?", Abby says as she leans forward to listen in.

"Well... A lot has happened since you've been gone.", Gibbs says, and I can tell it's going to be a long story. Let's just hope everything is okay.