~ Ch. 70 ~

Luke's POV

    My screams filled the hallway as they electrocuted me again. I was strapped to an interrogation table and they just stopped electrocuting me. In the room were the Grand Inquisitor, and the two Sith that captured me, who I now know are called Zalaan and Dargeo. Agent Kallus and Grand Moff Tarkin were in here earlier, trying a different method but, it didn't work and I've been dealing with these three for the past few hours. The Empress didn't join us. But, now I see where Acarna gets her taste in clothing.....okay that's really not important right now.

    "Why must you try to resist? You can end this pain when you tell us what we want to know." the Grand Inquisitor said. "You are wasting your time. I won't tell you anything." I told him, through gritted teeth. He didn't like my answer and looked at Dargeo, and nodded, Dargeo smirked. The Grand Inquisitor and Zalaan left. The smirk never left Dargeos' face. "You're going to wish that the Grand Inquisitor was the one still torturing you after I'm done." Dargeo said, bringing out his lightsaber. A second later I could feel the searing heat on my legs as I screamed out.

               Acarna's POV

    We had boarded the ship yesterday, it takes a whole day to get to Mustafar. Zeb had offered to pilot the shuttle. In my opinion, he didn't trust Neveah to pilot in her current state and he wanted me to be as focused as possible because of the very high stakes of this mission. I had been meditating for a few hours, trying to anyway, Neveah had decided to start pacing non-stop and it was starting to get on my nerves. I finally had enough.

    "Will you stop it already? It's annoying." I told her, eyes closed. Her footsteps stopped abruptly. I could feel her own annoyance before she spoke. "Well pardon me, your "highness." I didn't mean to disturb you." Neveah said, sarcastically. I scowled and opened my eyes. As much as I hated my "title", I hated it even more when someone used it to insult me.

    "What is your problem?" I asked her, uncrossing my legs and standing up. She narrowed her eyes and glared at me. "You know very well that I'm worried about Luke. I can feel his pain. To top it all off, being on a mission with "you" watching my back makes it even worse." she said. I clenched my fists at my sides, it was taking all my willpower to not strangle her. "Why you little b-" "Enough!" Zeb shouted from the controls, we both jumped at his loud, booming voice. He gained our attention.

    "I ain't gonna sit er' while you both fight like children. Now, will you both shut it and save your anger for the bucket heads?!" Zeb scolded. We both went back to our seats, on opposite sides of the shuttle. We didn't speak to each other for the rest of the flight. But, of course, it didn't stop us from sending glares at each other. Not much longer after that, we arrived. I couldn't believe my eyes as I saw five, Star Destroyers guarding Tarkin's Star Destroyer, bringing that to a total of six Star Destroyers. I've never seen this many in one place before. "Reach out to Luke. We need to make sure he is still here before we go any farther." I told Neveah. For once she didn't argue with me as she closed her eyes and reached out to Luke. She opened her eyes a minute later. "He's there." she said. I pressed a few buttons and sent our codes so we could dock. I sent in the codes for "needing repairs."

    "Alright, we have 20 minutes before they send someone to inspect our shuttle. Repairs normally take 15 minutes, and that's without refueling. We need to get Luke and get out of there as fast as we can." I explained to the two of them. They nodded in understanding and I turned to Zeb. "I need you to stay on the ship, for emergency take off. If we do not return in 30 minutes, you leave without us." I told him. "No way. That's not gonna happen. We leave together or not at all." Zeb said. "No. They won't hurt me cause I'm the Princess. But, if they catch either of you they will kill you." I said, sternly. Zeb gave me a look and I noticed we docked. I'm not arguing now, we have a mission to accomplish, and I want to change my life. I want to be the good person that these people see in me. The one that I don't see in myself. This mission will be a turning point, and besides, I've grown close to Luke in the few months that I've known him. Of course, I would never dare say it aloud. I hacked into the system and found Luke in cell 46-D on Floor 40. I looked above us and saw the ventilation system. I could fit but.....I don't think Neveah will.

    "I would say the fastest way would be to use the vents but, you won't be able to fit. The only other option is the elevators, seeing as how there are no stairs. So, elevators it is." I said to Neveah, while pressing a button for an elevator. It opened and we got in. We were on Floor 20 so, it'll take a few minutes. It was silent, but, not an awkward silence, more like a comfortable one. Once the doors opened, I peeked out and the coast was clear. As we moved further down the cells.......I thought this was strange. Unless........no, that's unlikely. There's no way we got lucky and everyone is asleep by now. We got to Luke's cell and I entered the passcode and we went inside. The stench of burned flesh was overwhelming.

    Luke looked up at us and his face was horrid. Dried blood covered the deep gash marks. His eye was purple, as if he was recently in a fistfight. He had a split lip and his one shoulder was out of it's socket..........the sad thing about this is.........that I know the handy work of who did this to him...........my cousin..........my best friend.........Dargeo....Were they really that determined to find me that they would go to these lengths??

    "What are you doing here Neveah? You are pregnant, you shouldn't be doing missions anymore. And you certainly should not have come back for me." Luke said. I knew she was pregnant. I could easily see the signs. "We can talk about this later. Right now we need to get you to the Shuttle so we can get out of here." Neveah said, heaving one of his arms over her shoulder. I went to the other side of Luke and did the same with his right arm, being careful cause it is the one out of the socket. "We need to move now. I don't want to push our luck anymore than we already have." I said as we were walking to the elevator.

    We made it down to the shuttle bay when I froze in my tracks. Right infront of us was the shuttle, with Zeb firing up the engines but.......behind us is a different story. "Quick, get Luke on the Shuttle." I told Neveah, she nodded and they kept moving, while I took a second to prepare myself for the two who were behind me. I took a breathe and turned around. Right there..........stood Dargeo and Zalaan. No.....please don't do this to me.

    "Acarna?! Why are you helping these Rebels?!" Dargeo asked, astounded that I would even do something like this. "Dargeo! You have to understand! I've changed!" I tried to explain to Dargeo, pleading with my eyes at Zalaan to help me. Zalaan understands......he already knows. "Have these fools brainwashed you?! They are the enemy! You've been captured by them for months!! What torture did they put you through to make you this way?! I swear I will kill them all!!" Dargeo said, getting pissed. Zalaan stuck his arm in front of Dargeo, to stop him from walking closer to me. I smiled at Zalaan and he smiled back. "Acarna! What is going on?!" Dargeo asked.

    "I have changed Dargeo! Please, you must understand! I......I found a new life. One that I've always wanted! My Father is alive! I have a relationship with my Brother and I have found my other Half and for the first time in a very long time........I found love and I fell in love!" I explained to Dargeo, pleading with him to understand me. He shook his head in disbelief. "We love you! Zalaan and I, we always have! Your Mother loves you! Kallus loves you! What more could there be!?" Dargeo asked. I took a second to collect my thoughts before I answered him. "That........is a different kind of love. I found true love among these people that I consider my friends....my family." I explained to him. Before anyone could say another thing, Zeb turned the Shuttle around and told me to get in. I got on the ramp and looked back at Dargeo and Zalaan. It was getting difficult for Zalaan to hold Dargeo back. I looked away as the ramp closed. Please understand Dargeo.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[ Woah...........I just did two chs. within a few hours of each other........omg!!!! XD

    Will Neveah and Acarna ever get along?! Will Luke recover fast from his injuries?! What are Dargeo and Zalaan going to do?!?!? WTH?!?! NEVEAH IS PREGNANT!?!?! HOLY SHIT!!!!

    Specter 7 out!!!!!!!!!!!! ]