a step too far

EZRAS POV:
I took one last look in the mirror as I fixed my tie and looked over at this little box. I sat down on my bed and opened it. the way it glistened I just couldn't wait till it was around her finger. I lit the last few candles in my dining room and I heard the door open.

"Ezra what is all this?" she smiled

"well I've been thinking what's one thing we've never told them? our love story... they hate us but everyone's a sucker for a love story. We love each other and so Aria will ....." I said kneeling down on one knee as she interrupted.

"Ezra get up. I'm serious. get up right now!"

"why? why are you doing this?" she asked

"Aria... I thought this is what you wanted."

"not this.... not some fake wedding. not some fake story book romance that's only happening because the world is nipping and picking us apart."

"you think this is what I want? that I wouldn't rather be focusing on my work rather than laying our rose pedals and lighting candles?"

"then why are you doing this?" She asked

"because I love you. and you're what I want. but obviously you don't feel the same."

"we're not ready."

"you're not ready! I'm starting to believe you'll never be ready."

"Ezra..."

"no I'm gonna go take a shower. please just... just you should go" I said walking away

ARIAS POV:
"do you think I could be a married women? you know settle down... have kids?" I asked

"with him I'm assuming?" Liam asked through the phone

"Aria where are you?"

"at home... it's just sometimes I look back and I picture what if I didn't leave you. what if I just married you and had kids with you. Liam what we had was so easy. sometimes I miss that."

"Aria I think you'll be a great wife I should go."

"oh .. I'm sorry I called I just really needed you I know I don't deserve it but I'm glad you answered."

"I'll always be there for you. I should go." he said as the phone hung up.

I wrapped my arms around my legs and and began to cry into my knees. I knew what I had to do. I picked up my phone and dialed the numbers.

"please come over."

"Aria I'm busy."

"Ezra please just come over."

"I'll be there in a few." he sighed into the phone. I wiped my tears and fixed my mascara. I lit a few candles and waited for his knock on the door.

"come in!" I yelled. he walked in and looked around taking his jacket off.

"so what's up what did you-...." he said looking around confused by all the candles.

"look I know I screwed up. I know that. can I see the ring one more time?" I asked.

he went over to his jacket and got the box out and handed it to me. I sat on the couch and opened the box. this is the first time I've actually seen it. it's so beautiful.

"Fine." I whispered, slipping the finger on my hand.

"fine?" he questioned

"fine I'll marry you." I said looking back over at him.

"we'll be okay Aria. I know we'll make it." he said wrapping me in his arms on the couch as I fell asleep.

I woke up in the morning realizing just what I had done. I unraveled myself from ezras arms and sat up looking at the ring. I got up and went to take a shower. I got dressed and saw Ezra watching the news channels. I heard them still talking about me. I tried to walk out the door but Ezra stopped me.

"where are you going?"

"Ezra I have to go out there eventually. they have to see the ring. they have to see this coming before it's too late otherwise they'll think it was last minute and rushed they have to at least think this is being planned."

"Aria this will light the news up even more. we won't have.."

"a chance? Ezra it's already too late. we're too deep. I told you this. what left do they have to take from me?"

"Aria don't walk out there with that ring on."

"Ezra they already think I'm pregnant. there's nothing worse that can come from this, but I'll take it off. I'm going out the back door. I have an interview to get to. Ezra please just turn off the tv."

"Aria...." he sighed and I smiled at him walking out. I shut the door.

-------

"so Aria you're pretty big in the spotlight right now?"

"I guess you could say that."

"how are you and Ezra? dealing with it all that is."

"it's hard. who would pick this kind of love?"

"but it's worth it right?"

"honestly? yes. he's the only part that I love of myself. It's just no one has lived me the way he did. When he looks at me I feel like I can actually believe in myself." i said wiping the tear from my eye

"well Aria we do have a special guest here today."

"really?" I asked

"well here he comes now." she said pointing behind me. I heard the crowd gasp and begin to clap. I turned to it being Ezra.

"your here?"

"I'm here." he smiled reaching for my hand as he took the seat next to me.

"Aria and Ezra we have a question you both can anwser."

"what flaws or imperfections do you notice In eachother but love anyways?"

"Well-" Ezra and I both said in sync. I began to laugh.

"go ahead, I hate interrupting you." I said laughing smiling at him.

"I actually like it when you interrupt me. which is a lot." he said as everyone began to laugh as did I.

"By the way I love the way you make no apologizes about being exactly who you are.... Beautiful.... smart and sexy as hell."

"stop now you're embarrassing me." I laughed looking out into the audience

"that's another reason. You're completely unaware of your affect on me. You're also completely unaware you laugh like a four year old. I'm just so in love with her. I don't know how much longer we can keep it a secret."

"what a secret?" The lady asked

"show them Aria." he pleaded.

I reached in my back pocket and slid it on. everyone gasped.....

A/N
Aria and Ezra will be out of the spotlight soon. not as much focus on them but it'll still be there. be ready for what happens soon...