remember the time

ARIAS POV:
"how long have you been dating?"

"we're not exactly dating. he just makes me happy."

"do you... have feelings for him?" ezra asked

"that's none of your business." I said

"I know...." he said looking down

"but do you.... have feelings for him?" he said looking back up at me smiling

"honestly?..... I don't know."

I woke up from my dream. I looked around to be sleeping in a bed alone. I walked into the other room of the hotel to find Alex asleep on the couch. I smiled. I walked in and sat down in the chair thinking about everything. he woke up smiling at me.

"you okay?"

"I don't know. This place just I don't know."

"it was seeing him yesterday wasn't it?"

"probably I don't know. It's not even him on my mind it's just everything. just so many flashbacks. so many. look I'm going to run to hannas for awhile. you gonna be okay here?"

"yeah I think I'll be fine. I got cable a mini bar and room service I'll be good. I'll see you later." he smiled at me as I walked out

on the way to hannas I got into a car crash. I busted my head on my window. the car drove off as I sat there hopeless unconscious. I eventually woke up in the hospital room I looked around to Ezra sitting there right next to me asleep.

"Ezra..." I said quietly as he woke up.

"what what are you doing here?"

"I don't know exactly apparently I'm still your emergency contact and when I got the call I rushed here."

"Ezra you don't have to be here. You were probably busy."

"no gabby she'll be fine. She doesn't know I'm here. but your what matters right now."

"Ezra I can't let you ruin your relationship over me. the nurse said it would be a long night."

"I thought you'd say that so I came prepared. I have your reading materials, this yellow Hollis shirt. this is the one you liked right?" he asked as I nodded smiling because he remembered

"sweats, gummy bears, and some other stuff so I'm good" he continued. I smiled at him.

"what?" he asked

"nothing nothing just nothing...." I sighed he came next to me and moved the hair out of my face caressing my cheek

"you'll be okay. don't worry."

but as he said that so calmingly I wasn't worried. I was only focused on him. his touch. his voice. and his smile.

"Ezra you really don't have to be here."

"but I do." he said

"you feeling okay? any pain?" he continued

"no... no they gave me something."

"who's gabby?"

"she's my girlfriend.." he said looking down

"Ezra look at me."
he finally looked up at me

"there you are." I smiled

"so you have girlfriend?" I asked

"Yes, I do. but that's irrelevant right now. We can talk about that another time."

"ok, well thank you for coming."

"no place I'd rather be." he smiled as I blushed

"do you remember the time when you saved my life?" I asked Ezra.

"I do."

"I still have nightmares over it sometimes."

"when?"

"When I left for college I didn't and then I came back here and saw you and then I fell in love but I was still with Liam and then I started having them. everything that happened to me in there. Ezra that was one of scariest worst things that have ever happened to me."

"me too. That was the scariest point in my life. I couldn't sleep or eat for a whole month. I had to find you."

"but then after we were together they stopped and then when I left you... they started again. but Ezra I wasn't beaten or anything in there. I realize there are worst things than that doll house."

"what's that?" he asked

"losing you." I said as a tear fell

"Aria.."

"no Ezra please just don't say anything it'd be better if you didn't. I just didn't want you letting me go. I just hoped somewhere in my heart you'd come for me."

"Aria but I-"

"no I get it you thought that's what I wanted. I lead you to think that. that's on me."

EZRAS POV:
but I did. I went looking for her.

*flashback*

"have you seen Aria? has she tried getting her old job back?" I asked Jillian

"no no why what's wrong Ezra?"

"nothing nothing I have to go"

------

"your right Aria even after every fight, through it all I should've ran after you. I shouldn't have let you go. you fought for us every time and I never did. I'm sorry."

I looked over and realized she was asleep. a few hours later we both woke up to what I believe his name was Alex. he ran in to her bedside.

"oh my god Aria are you okay? I got the phone call and I just had to get here. I had to make sure you were okay." Alex said

"yeah I'm fine. I'm just tired." she said to him.

"I was so worried." he said grabbing her cheeks tight and kissing her.

I was stunned. I took a step back. I just remembered the time I used to do all that.