Chapter Ten

The next morning, I woke up at my usual time and went into my bathroom for a shower. I was washing my hair when I heard my bathroom door open. I heard someone stumbling around before the shower curtain is suddenly pulled back and someone steps into the tub with me. I suppressed a scream that threatened to escape my lips. I saw that is was Xavier who looked like he just woke up. I saw his eyes glance up and down my body. His eyes went from a light, vibrant blue to a darker blue with lust. I couldn't help but to feel happy that he liked my body. I couldn't help myself as my eyes skimmed down the length of his body and back up. I was so concerned about who was joining me in my shower, that I forgot that I was washing my hair. I blinked rapidly for a second and turned around, continuing to wash my hair.

"Zaylin, I'm so sorry about interrupting your shower. I didn't realize you were in here. I thought that you had gone to make breakfast for your father already. I thought that I had turned on the water, but just forgotten that I had because I was half asleep. I can leave," Xavier said hurriedly.

I moved to rinse the shampoo out of my hair. "You are already getting wet and I'm going to be finished with my shower soon. We don't want my father to spot you, so this is an easy way to keep you hidden." I told him, finished rinsing my hair. I moved out of his way so that he could wash his hair. Xavier seemed to have another plan in mind. He gently grabbed me around my waist and pulled my towards his body. I let him drag me to him, but I didn't expect his lips to be on my neck. I gasped in surprise and he chuckled at my reaction. I could feel the vibrations in his chest from him chuckling and after a second I relaxed into him and let him kiss my neck. I bit my tongue to hold in a moan when he kissed a certain spot on my neck.

"Wait, Xavier, stop," I moaned. "I don't want us to accidentally go to far."

Xavier stopped kissing my neck and said, "I understand." He kissed my cheek and then started to wash his hair while I washed my body.

I heard a knock on my bathroom door. I inhaled sharply, knowing that my father was the one on the other side. I sent a worried look at Xavier and then moved towards the door so that I could communicate easier with my father.

"Yes?" I called out.

"Zaylin, hurry up with that shower of yours. I want my breakfast sometime this morning!" I heard my father grumble from the other side of the door.

"Yes sir," I answered him and turned away from the door. I found myself facing a broad, muscular chest. I raised my eyes and see Xavier smiling down at me.

"Why hello there," he smirked.

I laughed lightly and stood on my tip toes to kiss him. I smiled when he kissed back, the warm water spraying us both.

"We better hurry with our shower or there will be no hot water left," I said quietly. I moved from his grip and rewashed my body. Xavier and I switched spots and I rinsed off. I then put conditioner in my hair while Xavier rinsed his hair out. We traded spots once more and I rinsed the conditioner from my hair as Xavier washed his body. I was still under the water when Xavier started to rinse off. I had my eyes closed while I stood under the water, but then I felt warm arm wrap around my body. I opened my eyes and looked at Xavier.

"What are you trying to get away with?" I teased him, tilting my head to the side.

"What makes you think I'm trying to get away with anything?" Xavier asked, smirking.

I felt my heart quicken and my thoughts became disoriented. I saw Xavier smirk even more, and I knew that he was doing this to me on purpose. "You know exactly what I mean." I argued.

He didn't respond, instead, he kissed me passionately and a little hungrily. I felt a shiver go down my spine from this knew kiss and I gladly kissed him with the same amount of passion. He started to run his fingers slowly through my hair and I loved the feel of it. I felt his other hand slip down to my leg and he started to lift it, wrapping it around his wait. I pulled back from the kiss, breathless and wanting a lot more.

"Xavier, you have to go to work, and I have to go make breakfast. Maybe you should make your dad believe that you don't love me so that you can stay there again," I told him, worried about us losing control.

"Zaylin, I'll make up with my father if you would like, but I really don't want to leave your side."

"I don't want you to leave either, I'm just afraid of what could happen if you stayed."

"But I need to stay. What if your father does this to you again?" Xavier asked, gently stroking my bruised cheek. It stung a little, making me wince.

"I can handle my father. You need to make up with yours to get your clothes and some money back. Still work at the job you have, but if you can convince your dad that we are over, you can get the money a lot faster. You will also be able to support the both of us," I reasoned.

"You are right, but what about the sleeping arrangement? My father is going to want me to stay at the house until I can get a place on my own."

"We could both sneak out and meet somewhere, like we used to. After our meeting, we then could then sneak back into our houses."

I shut off the water and stepped out of the tub. I grabbed a towel that was laying on the counter then I dried off. Xavier grabbed the other towel and dried off, then wrapped the towel loosely around his waist. I had an urge to take both of our towels off and go towards my bed, however, I forced the urge down and walked out of the bathroom to go to my closet. I looked for an elegant day dress that would be great to wear doing household chores. I found the perfect dress. It was floor length and was a teal color with little designs embroidered into the hem of the dress. I quickly dressed and then I went into my father's room and grabbed some of his old clothing. I went back into my room and handed the clothes to Xavier.

"These should fit you and my father won't be missing them." I smiled and kissed his cheek. I left the bathroom and waited for Xavier to finish dressing. He came out of the bathroom and he kissed me goodbye.

I left the room and went downstairs to start my father's breakfast. When my father saw me, the first thing he did was slap me across my already bruised cheek. It felt as if I was getting hit in the face with metal. I held in the tears, but cradled my cheek.

"Now that you are just a maid, I don't have to hold back. Hurry and make my breakfast. Don't make me wait long or you'll be punished once again."

I numbly nodded my head and walked into the kitchen to start breakfast. I let the tears slowly slip down my cheeks as I made his breakfast. The pain in my cheek was making me nauseous so I decided that it was best if I didn't have anything in my stomach.

Throughout the day, I would do little things to annoy my father, even though I knew that he would beat me for it when he found out about them. I was just going to endure the pain, knowing that eventually he would tire of trying to make me behave. I was hoping that it would be sooner rather than later.