Chapter Nineteen

Four months after torturous cuddling, I needed to feel as close as humanly possible to Xavier.

Xavier came out of the bathroom with a towel around his waist and his body dripping wet. His hair was a darker brown than usual- so dark it looked black. He walked over to the closet, but I got in his way.

I smashed my lips on his. I let my fingers glide over his muscular body. His body was still warm from his hot shower.

"Zaylin, if you keep kissing me like this and letting your fingers move like that, I won't be able to control myself." Xavier mumbled against my lips, his voice deep.

"Good, because I am tired of only cuddling." I kissed him again, my arms around his neck, pulling him tighter to me.

Xavier sighed against my lips. "Are you sure about this?" He asked breathlessly.

"Yes, I am absolutely sure. I can't wait any longer." I said as Xavier looked at me.

We both laid down on the bed exhausted. I curled up against Xavier's side and laid me head on his chest. I felt him kiss my hair and I closed my eyes ready to let sleep take me.

When I woke up again, Xavier's arm was wrapped tightly around my waist. He was snoring lightly and he had his head buried in my neck. I had to get up and make breakfast for everyone, before Xavier and Caiden went to work. I tried to gently unwrap his arms, but to no avail.

"Xavier," I whispered. "Xavier." I said again, a little louder. He stirred some, but not a lot. I kissed him and he immediately kissed back.

"I have to get up and dress so I can make breakfast." I told him.

"Fine..." he sighed.

I kissed his cheek and got out of bed. I looked in our closet for something to wear, and decided on a bright blue dress.

"You look lovely darling."

I looked over my shoulder, "Why thank you, my husband."

He kissed my forehead and grabbed some clothes so that he can get dressed for work. "I shouldn't be too late today. It should be a light day today."

"I hope so. I hate when you are away, even when it is for just a few hours."

"I feel the same way."

I left our room and started making breakfast for everyone. I was almost finished when Xavier stepped out of our room. He wrapped his arms around me from behind and kissed my temple.

We heard Claire and Caiden sleepily stumble into the kitchen. Claire was only seven months pregnant, but she looked like she could have that at any moment. I finished cooking the sausage and eggs and set them on the plates I had ready.

"Good morning." I chimed as I set their plate in front of them.

"Morning," they both grumbled.

Claire looked like she was about to fall asleep right then. Suddenly, she jumped and had a look of surprise on her face.

Caiden- who looked just as worn out as Claire- noticed when she jumped.

"Sorry, the baby just kicked me and I wasn't expecting it." Claire gave Caiden a pointed look as she spoke.

I sat down with my plate and Xavier sat beside me. I smiled at my brother and sister-in-law.