Chapter Sixteen

It was the day of the ball. I knew that it was best to stay home and pack as much as possible while my father was gone. I looked over at my bed, already missing the warmth that Xavier's body provided. I sighed, knowing he is at his old home, packing and getting his allowance.

I knock on my door made me stop my packing.

"Just a minute!" I quickly yelled, throwing on a dress.

I opened the door and saw Claire smiling at me from the other side.

"We will keep your father as busy as possible today to give you a break and time to pack."

I was about to thank her when she put her hand up, stopping me.

"You need the break." she smiled as she looked at the fading bruise on my cheek.

I gave her a hug, extremely thankful. "Xavier is still at his house. He will be here when he is done packing. Do you mind helping me sneak him in if you are still here?"

"I wouldn't mind helping. You two are the cutest."

I blushed a light pink. "Thank you, you and my brother are adorable as well."

Claire smiled brightly before she turned and sauntered down the stairs.

I finished packing my bags and paced my room restlessly as I waited for Xavier to arrive.

Xavier arrived swiftly. He had hidden his bags in the bushes underneath my window just before he came into my room.

I stopped my pacing and ran over to Xavier, missing his lips on mine. I kissed him deeply, thrilled to finally be reconnected with him- though we were only separated for two days.

Xavier spun me around once before putting me on my feet. "Someone is definitely excited to see me."

I giggle and cling onto him, needing the feel of his body on mine. "Of course! I was miserable without you by my side at night. I could hardly sleep!"

"I'm sorry you had such a hard time without me. We won't have to leave each other's side again once the ball is over. Have they left?"

"They left a few minutes before you came. We have the house to ourselves!" I exclaimed happily.

Xavier grinned at me and wraps his arms around my waist. "I can't wait to be married to you."

I blushed as I said, "I feel the same way. I love you."

"I love you too," he replied, looking deeply into my eyes.

The ball ended around one. During the ball, Xavier and I just cuddled on my bed and packed a couple of things I had forgotten. As soon as the door opened- signaling their return- Xavier jumped up and rushed to the closet. My eyes fell for a moment, but they lifted when I heard the creaking of a door. My heart rate increased some, fear pulsing in my veins. When I saw it was only Claire, I let out the breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Claire," I scolded, "you scared us."

"Oh, I'm sorry. Are you both packed?"

"Yes, when are we leaving?"

She bounced on her heels, "As soon as we can load your stuff and ours. We will have to do it without Caiden since he is entertaining your father."

I turn my head to the closet and whisper, "Xavier can possibly help, as long as we can keep him hidden..."