Chapter Thirty-Two

The next day, while Xavier and Caiden are away at work, I cleaned the house and played with Amethyst. My bulging stomach was in the way a lot of the time. Amethyst seemed to find my stomach comfortable and would often sleep on it. Violet made sure to stay by my side at all times, a worried look on her face from time to time. Months passed and my father never showed up again. I was sleeping next to Xavier, my head on his chest, when I was woken up. I really had to use the bathroom-which was normal since I was 9 months pregnant- so I quietly got out of bed. I had a major contraction on the way to the bathroom and doubled over, barely keeping in my yelp of pain. After the contraction was over, I went to the bathroom. Once I finished, I had yet another contraction and my water broke. 

"Xavier! Xavier!" I quietly yelled, trying to only wake him up.He felt around him before bolting upright in bed. "What's wrong?" he asked groggily.

"The baby is coming!" I squeaked, doubled over in pain once more. He bolted out of bed and rushed to my side. He helped me to the bed and then he ran to go wake up Caiden. Once Caiden was awake, Xavier ran back to our room. 

"Caiden is going to get the doctor. He will be back shortly." Xavier soothed, kissing my forehead. 

"He better be," I growled, trying to calm my breathing. "You might want to wake up Violet and tell her what is going on ."

Xavier kissed my forehead quickly before leaving my side and waking Violet. I faintly heard him tell her to get Amy and wait outside the house. I heard footsteps coming my way and I turn my head to see Violet rush in the door, jumping with excitement. 

"I'm so excited right now I can barely think! I'm so happy for you Zaylin!" Violet rushed before she left to go get Amethyst. I had to giggle at Violet's reaction to the whole thing. I was cut short because another contraction came. Xavier was by my side in a second and he held my hand. He brushed my hair off my face- that was starting to get sweaty- and kissed the top of my head repeatedly.

"Caiden better hurry up with that doctor," I panted. The doctor and Caiden soon arrived. After three hours of labour, a baby's wail could be heard. I was sweaty and exhausted, but I was immediately filled with joy when I heard my child crying. Once the doctor got the baby all cleaned up, he handed the baby to me.

"It's a boy." The doctor informed us.

"We have a son," I smiled, tears of joy cascading down my cheeks. 

"What do you want to name him, Zaylin?" Xavier asked softly. He gently brushed his hand over the baby's head.

"Daniel Lucas Turner."

Daniel cooed softly at the name. He waved his hands in the air, blinking up at us.

"I think he adores the name," Caiden grinned. "I'll go let Violet know she can come back in with Amethyst."

The doctor created Daniel's birth certificate and left. As the doctor was leaving the room, Violet was walking in.

"Let me see him! Can I hold him?" Violet gushed.

"Yes, you can, here." I laughed as I handed her my son. "He is so cute. What's his name?"

"Daniel. After his amazing Uncle."

Violet was trying to contain her excitement. "I love that name. Well, I'll let you take him back and I'll go put Amy to sleep again. Goodnight."