Chapter Twenty-Three

The next morning, I was awoken by the sun streaming in from the window. I snuggled deeper into my pillow, which smelled like Xavier, and sighed softly, not wanting to get up. I was about to get up when my pillow sighed and moved a little under me.

"Good morning, beautiful." Xavier's voice rang through the room. His husky morning voice sent shivers down my spine and I moved my head to kiss him. As I kissed him, I remember one important thing and my head shot up.

"Xavier, you are supposed to be at work! I'm so sorry I didn't wake you up on time," I scrambled around, trying to get out of bed, but I couldn't because Xavier quickly pinned me to the bed with his body.

"Calm down and take a deep breath. It's okay I didn't wake up on time, we were both extremely tired. Let's make breakfast and see if your brother and sister-in-law are awake." Xavier didn't move away from my body right away. He leaned down and kissed me. I kissed back and gently pushed him away.

I giggled, "If there are two babies here we will never get any sleep."

Xavier groaned, "You shouldn't tease me like that. You are my wife and yet I still can't have you because you want to wait for kids."

I had gotten him to lift off of me just enough so I can slip from underneath him. My body brushed lightly against his and he groaned again.

"I am so sorry, I really didn't mean to do that." I apologized.

Xavier got off the bed and came towards me. He pulled me too him and kissed my neck, making my breath catch. I leaned into him and enjoyed the feeling of his kisses when he suddenly stopped. He got out of my arms and left our room, going to the kitchen. I opened my eyes and realized what just happened. 'He just got revenge. Now I really want what I have been denying him...' I bit my lip as I thought about the consequences. Deciding it wasn't worth it just yet, I went to the kitchen in search of Xavier.