Chapter Thirty-Three

I woke up in the middle of the night to Daniel crying. I was about to stand up to get him from the crib, but Xavier beat me to it. He walked back to the bed sluggishly. "He must be hungry," Xavier yawned.

I took Daniel carefully from Xavier and nursed him.

I smiled down at Daniel when he was full and kissed his head. "Come on baby boy, lets get you back to sleep," I yawn.

Out of nowhere, Daniel was taken out of my arms and was being burped. I relaxed when I saw it was Xavier- thanks to the moonlight streaming from our bedroom window.

"Go back to sleep, I have him." Xavier whispered gently, his eyes never leaving Daniel's ivy green ones.

I sighed in contentment and slipped under the covers. As soon as my head hit the pillow, I was fast asleep.

The next few days were hard with the new baby. Daniel's schedule was all over the place and Amethyst felt if Daniel was upset, she should be too. Violet and I were having a little bit of trouble keeping the two babies happy.

One day, Xavier took off work to help out with the kids. While he was home, a visitor knocked on the door. I handed Daniel to Xavier and told him I'll be right back. Forgetting that my dad said he'd make another appearance, I didn't check to see who was at the door. I opened it to see my father smirking as if he'd one something.

"Oh, you are back..."

"Yes I am, ready to go?" My father asked, gleefulness evident in his tone.

"No. I am not leaving my family because you want a maid. I have a life now- a good one- and I don't want to give it up for anything, especially to be your personal slave."

Iden's eyes became slits. "You knew you'd be going against my wishes when you married that Turner. Did you really not expect consequences?" He growled threateningly.

"I didn't expect you to care enough, no. We moved away so that we wouldn't have to deal with people like you! But I guess you can't really run from unfair judgment for long. Leave my house! I don't want you anywhere near my family.

I am not even your daughter anymore, so you have no rule over me. I am tired of you trying to threaten me to get your way! Enough is enough. I never want to see you here again Iden." I said pointedly, standing my ground.

Iden looked stunned before he ground his teeth together and turned from me. I thought he was going to leave, and jumped when I felt something come into contact with my cheek. "That's just a little goodbye present. Who knew you'd turn into a brat like your mother was."

It was my turn to be shocked. I watched as Iden left and tears stung my eyes. That hurt more than when he physically abused me. I heard someone coming up behind me and slowly turned around and walked inside. I numbly shut the door and leaned against it for a second to regain control.

"Zaylin, what happened? Who was that?"

"Someone who is permanently out of our lives now."

The rest of the day I realized that I was much more relaxed. I didn't have to worry about my father coming, so I was very relieved.

"Xavier, I love you." I told him randomly, feeling like I haven't said it enough.

"Zaylin, I love you too. I also love our son," he replied as he looked down at Daniel adoringly.

I smiled and kissed Daniel's forehead softly. "I am so glad I get to be your wife. You mean everything to me." I glanced up into Xavier's gorgeous eyes.

"I'm glad I am your husband instead of Gareth." Xavier grinned.

I giggled and kissed him deeply, aware the Daniel was in between us. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Violet rocking Amethyst to sleep. I felt overjoyed that my family is safe and nothing is wrong. I couldn't be happier.