Chapter Twenty-Four

"That wasn't fair." I pouted playfully. I started cooking food then sat in Xavier's lap when the food was finished. We ate in content silence until we heard footsteps shuffling our way.

"Morning," I chirped, "breakfast is on the stove."

I got grumbles in return. I turned my head to look at Caiden. He had bags under his eyes and his hair was messed up from sleep, or rather, lack of it.

He grabbed a plate then sat at the table. He looked at me and Xavier and glared. I giggled and snuggled deeper into Xavier just to aggravate Caiden.

"Zaylin, I got almost no sleep last night. Don't start today." he growled.I stated, "We hardly slept as well. Amethyst certainly does like to make it known when she wants something."

Caiden nodded in agreement and ate his breakfast as quickly as he could. He looked like he was starved for weeks. He put his plate in the sink and was about to return to his room when we all heard Amethyst wail. Caiden ran to get her, probably trying to let Claire sleep as late as possible.

"Awe, that is so sweet," I yawned. I rested my head in the crook of Xavier's neck, almost falling asleep right then.

"How about we take a shower to wake us up?" Xavier suggested in my ear as he stood up, carrying me in his arms.

"Sounds lovely."

He chuckled as he carried me into our room. He laid me on the bed so he could start the shower. Once it was hot enough, he came back to me and guided me into the bathroom. I undressed and stepped into the nice shower. I stood under the water for a couple of minutes, the water waking me up. I washed my body and hair, then rinsed off. Once I was done, I left the water on for Xavier and got out, dripping wet. Xavier got in the shower and I dried off with one of the towels that were on the counter.

Xavier got out of the shower soon, and I hand him his towel. He dries off, then put the towel around his waist.

"Are you awake now, Zaylin?" Xavier asked as he led me to our bedroom.

"Yes, I am. I was wondering if we could take care of Amethyst today so Caiden and Claire could sleep."

Xavier shrugged and stated, "That's fine with me, but she will need to feed. What will we do then?"

"I will wake Claire only then. Otherwise, I am sure we can handle little Amethyst."

With that said, I walked out of our room and head for Amethyst's. She was awake, looking around as much as possible. I gently picked her up and kissed her head. She cooed softly as I did.

That day, Xavier and I watched over Amethyst as a team. Amethyst seemed to be happy and only cried when she needed to be changed or fed.

The next day, Xavier got up when Amethyst cried and looked at the time. He started to get ready for work and I went back to sleep. When I woke up again, it was still early in the morning, but not too early. I got up and started to make breakfast for Claire and me. She appeared as I was setting the table.

"It smells wonderful," Claire yawned.

"Thank you. I will help you with Amethyst any time you need me to."

"Thank you. I do not know what we would do without you and Xavier here to help."

"It really isn't a problem," I smiled and began to eat.