Chapter 8

"Are you okay?" Amy asked once they had pulled to the side of the road.

"Yes, can you drive?" Ty asked, "I can't see quite right."

"Of course just let me strap up Kiarra in your arms," Amy replied.

Amy drove the car and Ty had to take some rest and lie down, but in the end all he had was a big brown, purple and blue bruise on his eye.

The weekend came. Ty and Amy were on their way to drop off Kiarra.

"We are going to miss you Kiarra!" Amy said, "But you are going to be with your aunt Lou and Georgie, aunt Mallory, great grandpa and many others! You will have tons of fun!"

"Mama! Dada!" Kiarra spat out.

"She said dada!" Ty exclaimed.

Amy and Ty sadly said their many goodbyes's and headed off to lake Louise for a very nice time. When they were there, there was no fighting, bickering, yelling, annoyance but only smiling and laughter all around. They had quite some fun time in all the lovely restraints with waiters who wore tuxedos. And the sightseeing was marvelous. The lake was beautiful, sun shone off it reflecting its light, giving it the bluest of blues. Their days were full packed with action, but the good type. They missed Kiarra although they slept quite well. The trip was fun, exactly what they wanted it to be.

They eagerly waited at the door to Heartland's house after they rang the bell. They were greeted by a Soraya and a lovely beaming little girl, Kiarra.

"Mama!" She cutely spoke.

"Mama's here!" Amy spoke back hugging Kiarra.

"Hey Amy!" Soraya said, being in the house for a reason unknown to Amy, "Kiarra is such a sweetheart!"

"That she is. Do you know where Georgie is, I need to ask her something?" Amy asked.

"She is in the barn with Steven. Just hanging'" Lou replied.

"Right, " She started passing Kiarra to Ty, " Just hanging. I'll be back in a minute."

"Georgie!" Amy called through the barn.

Georgie and Steven were talking and Laughing in a barn stall, they were both brushing phoenix.

"You two..." Amy sighed, " Just the people that I wanted to see"

"Hey Amy how was your trip?" Georgie asked.
"Great, but that is not the reason I came here for," Amy answered.

"What is it then?" Georgie asked.

"Well, Georgie can you find out if any of your school friends are interested in a part time job as a stable hand. Things are a little complicated with having a baby in the house and everything else. Anyway they just have to book an appointment with me. It is a first come first serve basis. First person that we like will be the one who gets the job. We will pay $60 a month. All they have to do is exercise horses, feed them, fix fences, clean out stalls," Amy said.

"I'll ask around," Georgie said.

"The job is also open to you Steven," Amy told Steven/

"Well, I am a little busy right now but I will think about it," Steven answered Amy politely.

"Well, think on it for me, oh and Georgie remember when you stole that wedding ring from Ty. It was mine," Amy smiled, "Goodbye you two."

Once Amy was out of the barn, Steven questioned, "Ring?"

"Oh, when I was 11, I ran here from a neglecting family. I hid here for days stealing food, they thought it was a ghost. I desperately wanted to live with my brother so I stole a ring from Ty who was living at the heartland loft at the time. Let's just say they got engaged about a year later," Georgie confessed.