Prologue

"I trust that you will keep the future queen safe. Tylwyth is not safe for her. It is in crisis and the heir to the crown has recently been born, a few months before Faylinn's birth. The king and queen do not that I have brought Faylinn to the human world. Only her birth parents know, they were elated when the Great Tree chosen Faylinn to be the new queen. Once the crisis in Tylwyth is over, Faylinn will be able to return," explained a smooth posh voice. It was a man cloaked in all black. He was holding a blanketed baby.

     "How will she return to Tywlyth and more importantly, why me of all people?" the voice of a woman asked confusedly. She was wearing a nightgown, previously asleep until the man appeared downstairs in the kitchen, and holding a small flashlight.

     "You're the only human I can trust, my love. The faith of Tylwyth lies in your hand," the man replied. He then handed the baby to the young woman. The man walked out of the kitchen into the balcony of the townhouse and the woman watched him carefully.

     "The portal can be activated by touching the glass of the mirror. Hide it away from her until I send you the message. I will visit on multiple occasions," the man whispered. She looked on the kitchen table where a diamond-encrusted mirror laid on the table. The woman walked into the balcony with the baby and passionately kissed the man, her husband. With a smile, she then whispered back, "Goodbye for now, my love. I promise I will protect the future queen. Please return soon as possible."

     "I will try, my love. I will try," the man answered. They shared one more kiss before the man spread his bright colorful fairy wings. He jumped off the balcony and flew up towards the moon. In the blink of an eye, he disappeared in a flash.

     "Good luck, Papyrus. I believe in you," the woman whispered to herself. She walked back inside, surprised that the baby hasn't awaken yet. Carefully walking upstairs, the woman placed the baby on her small bed and turned on the lights. She walked over to her desk and pulled out a worn out leather-back journal. It was a book about fairies, from infancy to death. The book was a gift from Papyrus when she first discovered he was a fairy after their wedding.

     "I hope this will help me," the woman mumbled, placing the book on her desk. She, Anita Lancaster, had dealt with many challenges in her life, like assimilating into America from Peru. Raising a fairy child, the one who would rule the fairy realm, was going to be the biggest challenge the twenty-seven year old ever faced.

     "Let's see what my new daughter looks like," Anita mumbled to herself. She walked up to the bed and unwrapped the baby from her blankets. Anita silently gasped in awe at the naked baby. Faylinn was adorable with tiny tuffs of auburn hair and pale skin. A silver chain necklace with a beautiful pink diamond was around her neck. It was a gift from her birth parents Anita presumed.

"You're beautiful, Faylinn...you're going to be a fine young lady...the heir will be a lucky man," Anita whispered to baby Faylinn before kissing the top of her small head. Faylinn's eyes fluttered open and she cooed at Anita. One eye was a honey golden color while the other was a grassy green color.

     "Your eyes are so beautiful...it must be a fairy trait...that reminds me...what should be your new name be?" Anita whispered, pondering on that question. Faylinn chewed on her chubby small baby hands as Anita thought of a new name.

     "How about Ella?" Anita asked her new daughter. Faylinn looked at her, with eyes sparkling and a huge smile, and gurgled with joy, kicking her chubby legs. Anita chuckled and whispered to Faylinn, "Ok Faylinn...or should I say Ella Lancaster."