Chapter 2

"Hey homeslice!" said a familiar peppy voice. I looked up from my phone, reading a message from a 9th grader about needing the answers to Mr. Burk's upcoming science test. Sitting next to me, was my best friend (well my only friend), Cora Katz. We have been best friends since we were toddlers, our mothers being great friends since middle school. She also lived a block away from me.

     "Hey Cora," I greeted her back. Cora was older than me by two months and had dark tan skin (since being Filipino), onyx eyes, and dark chestnut hair with purple steaks. She also had a very busty figure, unlike my boyish one. She laughed and we did our handshake. Double high five with both hands, altered fist pumps, altered elbow pumps, and another double high five.

     "Any new clients?" Cora asked before popping a cherry into her mouth. She had been obsessed with cherries since elementary school. I answered, reading over the messages, "5 requests for old and new clients. Daniel Kats, 9th grader, for test answers to Mr. Burk's upcoming science test."

     "Ok." "Then Fiona Issas, 11th grade, for test answers to Ms. Blair's upcoming math test."

     "She's a cool chick." "Also Gabrielle Updike and Will Octiqvzab, both 10th graders, for Mr. Hess' upcoming World History test. Finally Alyssa Books, 9th grader, for Ms. Brager's upcoming English test."

     "Ok, I'll find out their schedules, then deliver the answers, and collect the money. How much are they will to pay and what are the deadlines?" Cora asked, running a hand through her dark chestnut and purple locks. Cora and I were partners in 'SecretRita', I found the answers and she delivered them. I smirked and whispered to her, "A lot of cash."

"Ok, but how much actually, Ella? Mama needs a new pair of shoes!" Cora told me, slightly annoyed at me for not spilling the beans as quickly as she would like.

"30 bucks for Daniel, 20 bucks for Fiona, 50 bucks for Alyssa, and finally 50 bucks for Will and Gabrielle. 50 bucks each!" I silently exclaimed. Cora's eyes widen in shock and whispered-shouted, "200 bucks?! Sweet! Too bad, I only get 40 percent."

"Hey, I'm the one who does the dirty work! 80 bucks to yourself isn't bad," I responded back. Cora laughed and nodded. I love that we go to school with stupid rich kids. Suddenly the bus stopped, signaling that's we have arrived at Saint Rita High. We got off the boss with the rest of the people and entered the school.

"Also the deadlines are the 5th, the 9th, the 13th, and the 17th!" I told Cora. She nodded and said, "See you in World History," before walking inside. I walked in after her.