Chapter 11

Lord Kelly and I made our way to the dining room. Two guards were standing by the twins doors to the dining room. They bowed when they saw me and opened the doors for us. Inside the dining room, were a bunch of people dressed in royal clothing.

     "Good evening, Princess Faylinn!" I heard many voices greet me. I nodded and Lord Kelly led me over to Queen Lucinda. The queen was dressed in a pale green and brown ballgown and wore a beautiful diamond crown. She was welcoming and greeting guests.

     "Oh my! You, my dear, look absolutely stunning!" Queen Lucinda happily complimented me. I faked a smile and bowed, the polite formal thing to do. The queen then chuckled, "Thank you. You truly have royal blood in you."

     "Thank you, but I have a question. Where did all this peop- I mean fairies come from?" I asked Queen Lucinda. She smiled and answered, "The fairies here are members of my royal cabinet and their families. Allow me to introduce them to you!"

Queen Lucinda then led me over to a family. They were all Indian, had point ears, and fairy wings. The family contained all woman, a mother and her two twin daughters. When they saw us, the family bowed with respect. The queen smiled at the family.

     "Good evening, Queen Lucinda and Princess Faylinn. Thank you very for inviting us," said the mother while her daughters nodded in agreement. The queen smiled at them and said to me, "This is the Minister of Education, Hema Gray and her two daughters, Liberty and Justice."

     I resisted the urge to yell, "FOR ALL!" I nodded and looked at the family, but mainly at Liberty. She had black medium length hair with a gold streak. Her wings were a lavender color and she was very short, like two heads shorter than me. Liberty reminded me a bit of Cora. Oh crap, Cora! She must be sick with worry!

"It's a pleasure to meet you, princess!" the twins exclaimed while bowing. I bowed back and said in a formal yet very awkward way, "It's a pleasure to meet you too...the Gray clan."

They bowed once more and Queen Lucinda led me over to a man and his daughter. They bowed to us and we bowed back. Queen Lucinda then said, "This is the Minister of Health, Isaac Damian, and his daughter Isabelle Damian."

"Good evening, Queen Lucinda and Princess Faylinn!" Minister Damian and Isabelle greeted us. I bowed to them and said, "It's a pleasure to meet you Minister Damian and Miss. Damian."

     They nodded and Queen Lucinda led me to other people. Soon, I met all the members of the queen's royal cabinet and their families. Queen Lucinda then whispered to me, "I need to make a quick announcement."

     I nodded and Queen Lucinda walked away. With awkwardness, I stood in the same place. I then saw everyone take their seats at the dining table. Suddenly I Queen Lucinda announce, "My guests, welcome to the celebration of Faylinn's return!"

     Everyone applauded with joy and I saw Queen Lucinda beckon me to walk up to her. I did and the queen then announced, "For sixteen years, our people have awaited for the princess's return and on this day, November fifteenth, will be a national holiday. It will be called 'The Return Day'!!!"

     Everyone clapped with joy and I glanced at Queen Lucinda. Her face was radiant with joy and a ping of sadness hit me. I needed to leave, but everyone was so happy that I was here. Suddenly Queen Lucinda announced, "Now may the future king and queen meet each other!"

     I gulped in fear while everyone cheered. The doors of the dining room slowly opened. I was going to meet my arranged husband.